Trincão

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Very impressive calmness, passing and dribbling. He reminds me a bit of Muller. Wouldn't mind a Portuguese version of young Thomas Muller tbh 👌😉

Laplacian

I don't see it. His dribbling isn't impressive to me, it seems like the kind of style that will easily be snuffed out in La Liga and UCL. Nice ball control, however in his dribbling he lacks both explosivity and unpredictability.

vegitot

I don't see it. His dribbling isn't impressive to me, it seems like the kind of style that will easily be snuffed out in La Liga and UCL. Nice ball control, however in his dribbling he lacks both explosivity and unpredictability.

Technical dribbler like this can take on opponent, way effective than using pure speed.

Laplacian

Technical dribbler like this can take on opponent, way effective than using pure speed.

Who says I was just talking about pure speed? I mentioned predictability as well, his "technical dribbling" is pretty telegraphed. I can't imagine him being effective in La Liga and UCL.

Also, look at the top 20 dribbling wingers in Europe. You'll see a common trend. Technique matters, it's the most important thing, yeah but so does acceleration. I don't see the hype; it's most likely because the club is such in a grey area people here are willing to latch onto anything.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Who says I was just talking about pure speed? I mentioned predictability as well, his "technical dribbling" is pretty telegraphed. I can't imagine him being effective in La Liga and UCL.

Also, look at the top 20 dribbling wingers in Europe. You'll see a common trend. Technique matters, it's the most important thing, yeah but so does acceleration. I don't see the hype; it's most likely because the club is such in a grey area people here are willing to latch onto anything.

Kubo is not fast and was one of the best dribblers in La Liga last season. If there is any league that is well suited for technical but not that fast wingers, it is La Liga. Trincao is able to dribble past just about every LB in the league.

Laplacian

Kubo is not fast and was one of the best dribblers in La Liga last season. If there is any league that is well suited for technical but not that fast wingers, it is La Liga. Trincao is able to dribble past just about every LB in the league.

They aren't the same. Kubo is not "fast" but his first and second step is decently quick and his remarkable balance makes him a more enigmatic dribbler than Trincao. He seems to be more creative with it too, whereas Trincao seems very one dimensional.

Also I disagree about La Liga being suited for slow dribblers. The technical football all over the league makes pretty much the majority of teams well equipped to deal with dribblers. The best dribblers in La Liga all have decent to very good short bursts in acceleration, if that wasn't the case players with technique but lack of burst like Coutinho and Griezmann would excel.

If he plays regularly I expect him to get less than 1.5 dribbles per game. A Barcelona quality winger should at least get 2.5, Dembele who's a flop easily gets into the 3.5-4 range which is world class ability in dribbling. For the record a declining 35 year old Cr7 gets about 1.2-1.4 a season now.

I'm not hating on Trincao, I just feel like the standards here have dramatically fallen lately. Hey if I'm wrong tho great, it'll be great to have another quality winger in our team.

Last edited:

vegitot

They aren't the same. Kubo is not "fast" but his first and second step is decently quick and his remarkable balance makes him a more enigmatic dribbler than Trincao. He seems to be more creative with it too, whereas Trincao seems very one dimensional.

Also I disagree about La Liga being suited for slow dribblers. The technical football all over the league makes pretty much the majority of teams well equipped to deal with dribblers. The best dribblers in La Liga all have decent to very good short bursts in acceleration, if that wasn't the case players with technique but lack of burst like Coutinho and Griezmann would excel.

If he plays regularly I expect him to get less than 1.5 dribbles per game. A Barcelona quality winger should at least get 2.5, Dembele who's a flop easily gets into the 3.5-4 range which is world class ability in dribbling. For the record a declining 35 year old Cr7 gets about 1.2-1.4 a season now.

I'm not hating on Trincao, I just feel like the standards here have dramatically fallen lately. Hey if I'm wrong tho great, it'll be great to have another quality winger in our team.

Dembele barely get 3-4 successful dribbles per game. He usually lose the ball. CR7 never get high number of successful dribbles either. His peak of dribbling is about 2 dribbles per game.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

Trincao had 2.3 dribbles per game in Liga NOS and 2 dribbles in the Europa League. Kubo had 1.8 dribbles per game last season at Mallorca. I think Trincao should get in the range between 1.5 and 2.5. He likes to take defenders on.

vegitot

Obviously Laliga is totally different than Portugal league but dribbling stats will depend on player style of play.

Trincao likes to take on his opponent. He would complete around 2.5~3 dribbles per game if he consistently attempt to dribble.

The final product is different thing though.

Home of Barca Fans