UEFA European U21 Championship

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Carvajal probably isnt being rested. Lopetegui prefers Montoya and always has. He even started him over Azpilicueta last year. Montoya in general is liked at Las Rozas which is why he only had to play one clasico to get a senior call up.

Montoya has been the preferred one in the past, I just get the feeling that Carvajal having such a great season and securing his move back to Madrid has gained him some recognition and possibly seniority over Montoya soon

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
1st half wasn't that great. The play was a bit too spread out, thus making it difficult to play quick passing sequences and giving Russia more time to compact and get in the way

Looks like Spain controlling the game at half time, though I'd say the attacking players have been below par. Illaramendi head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch so far, looks class.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Good 1st half by Montoya and Thiago. Barta hasn't had much to do and Tello has looked awful so far.

Mr Hulot

Thiago plays too deep, while Isco more like a number ten. It almost seems like Thiago is a part of a double pivot. I like Isco, but nobody has the maturity and the football brain of Thiago. He should be the one making plays from advanced positions. That Rodrigo guy is trying to play as a false 9 and the results are comical to say the least! Muniain would do a much better job if he played centrally. I hope for a better second half.
Can somebody post Spain's bench,please? :p

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Thiago plays too deep, while Isco more like a number ten. It almost seems like Thiago is a part of a double pivot. I like Isco, but nobody has the maturity and the football brain of Thiago. He should be the one making plays from advanced positions. That Rodrigo guy is trying to play as a false 9 and the results are comical to say the least! Muniain would do a much better job if he played centrally. I hope for a better second half.
Can somebody post Spain's bench,please? :p

-Muniain's roaming centrally and in wide position proved to be getting in the way rather than helping. He'd frustratingly run into the wrong areas and not link up that well with teammates
-Isco was man-marked the entire time
-Thiago roamed around centrally and did well, he went deep to collect the ball from the defenders who were playing very deep as well.
-Rodrigo tried playing as a #9 but didn't get any service so he dropped back but even that didn't have much success.

Galning

Spain bench: Joel (GK), Mariño (GK), Nacho, Muniesa, Álvaro, Carvajal, Canales, Koke, Camacho, Sarabia, Morata, Álvaro Vázquez.

Home of Barca Fans