Villarreal CF

Messi983

Summer of changes ahead for the yellow submarine.

Pepe Reina, Alberto Moreno, Capoue, Coquelin and Morales are leaving, still some options for Albiol to renew.

Guedes and Mosquera will return to Wolves when their loans expire and Bertrand Traore's loan is also expiring but he's a pending free agent and I've seen reports Villarreal wants to sign him permanently.

Seen them linked to Marseille GK Ruben Blanco and CB Vitao (IIRC Barca was interested in him too 4-5 years ago) who is playing back in Brazil on loan from Shakhtar.

Foyth and Pino will also be like new signings after returning from injuries.

Definitely need to improve defense and Marcelino admitted that but imo main task will be to keep both Sorloth and Alex Baena. IF they can do that and build on good form from second half of last season then I could see them challenging for top 4, especially with no European football.

Messi983

Too old for Chelsea.

Apparently not.

𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐕𝐄: Chelsea are now set to sign their new goalkeeper, Filip Jørgensen! 🔵🇩🇰
Deal at final stages with Villarreal after Chelsea have improved their proposal worth €20m with add-ons.
Chelsea and Villarreal are discussing deal structure… then the agreement will be completed, it’s imminent.
Filip Jørgensen has already agreed terms, he wants Chelsea… it’s matter of time to get everything done.
…𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐠𝐨, soon 🧤✨

Boehly is really playing FM in real life. They already have 6 (!!!) GKs in their first team. :ROFLMAO:

Interested if Villarreal will now go for Valles. He reportedly wants to return to Betis but they don't want to pay what UDLP wants. Villarreal already signed Diego Conde from Leganes who was the best GK in Segunda last year but not sure if they see him as a starter.

Last edited:

Porque

Apparently not.

𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐕𝐄: Chelsea are now set to sign their new goalkeeper, Filip Jørgensen! 🔵🇩🇰
Deal at final stages with Villarreal after Chelsea have improved their proposal worth €20m with add-ons.
Chelsea and Villarreal are discussing deal structure… then the agreement will be completed, it’s imminent.
Filip Jørgensen has already agreed terms, he wants Chelsea… it’s matter of time to get everything done.
…𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐠𝐨, soon 🧤✨

Boehly is really playing FM in real life. They already have 6 (!!!) GKs in their first team. :ROFLMAO:

Interested if Villarreal will now go for Valles. He reportedly wants to return to Betis but they don't want to pay what UDLP wants. Villarreal already signed Diego Conde from Leganes who was the best GK in Segunda last year but not sure if they see him as a starter.

Never rated Jorgensen from seeing him in the B. When Chelsea sign you it's business more than anything. Low wage and can prob go to another EPL side for more in the future.

Messi983

I think he was pretty solid second half of last season when Villarreal actually started to look like a serious team. But I agree he's probably not Chelsea's longterm GK.

Messi983

They've signed Ayoze Perez from Betis for 4m (release clause). Solid signing. Still need a striker, CB and GK.

Messi983

Maybe but they were linked to likes of Mayoral, Moukoko (though probably a long shot but his proposed deal with Marseille has collapsed) and Sadiq.

They only have Kambwala, Bailly and 38 yo Albiol at CB so pretty sure they're looking for another one if not two defenders. I think they'll try to get back Mosquera who already played for them on loan from Wolves.

Also not sure they see Conde as a starting GK. He's 25 and never started a game in La Liga. And last season was his first one as a starter in Segunda so not like he has much experience at that level either. Their other GK Iker Alvarez (who is also Andorran national) actually played more games in Segunda than him. That said Conde did have a great season for Leganes so maybe could make a step up but would be risky. I've seen them linked to likes of Pau Lopez and Petrovic from Chelsea after Jorgensen was sold so think they're still looking for a more proven GK.

Not really sure what's going on with Villarreal anyway. They've generated 100m profit on the market last year and another 50m+ so far this summer. Maybe renovation of the stadium few years ago plays a role here or Roig just decided to not invest that much in the team anymore.

Home of Barca Fans