Why are you a Barcelona fan?

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Ronaldinho Gaucho. Sums it up. I use get out at 2:30 from school, I was bout 13 or 14, and literally run home to be able to catch the game so I could see him doing something amazing. Because he played with so much charisma, and joy it was contagious. Not even Leo can match that.

Couple years ago, I got high, and started watching youtube videos, and I ran into a compilation of Ronnie best goals, skills and whatnot. I don't know if it was the fact I was high, but I went on this beautiful nostalgia trip and I realized just how happy that guy used to make me, and how much I missed him. Tears dropped down my face as I uttered the words, "Ronnie, I fuckin miss you." The only other time I've cried with anything football related was with Iniesta's stamford bridge goal. Forgive my dramatization, but that guy didn't make a Barca fan, he made me a football fan. That's my story.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
Cryuff's dream team. I was 10 back then and used to watch games with my father who was also a supporter of Barcelona. The most clear memory I have from that time was the Athens final against AC Milan which against all the odds ended up with Barca getting hammered, despite being the favorites. I remember I kept a grudge against Milan for years because of that. Daniel Massaro and Marcel Desailly were driving me mad that night. And Zubizarreta too, for conceding that stupid goal from Savicevic.

Djab

My whole family were/are barca fans.
I myself also am watching barca games for 1.5 decade. Especially from 2005/06 (when I was 10) I tried to watch most of games.
I'm a proud FCB fan.:barca scarf:

Povikas

Brandon
Ronaldinho Gaucho. Sums it up. I use get out at 2:30 from school, I was bout 13 or 14, and literally run home to be able to catch the game so I could see him doing something amazing. Because he played with so much charisma, and joy it was contagious. Not even Leo can match that.

Couple years ago, I got high, and started watching youtube videos, and I ran into a compilation of Ronnie best goals, skills and whatnot. I don't know if it was the fact I was high, but I went on this beautiful nostalgia trip and I realized just how happy that guy used to make me, and how much I missed him. Tears dropped down my face as I uttered the words, "Ronnie, I fuckin miss you." The only other time I've cried with anything football related was with Iniesta's stamford bridge goal. Forgive my dramatization, but that guy didn't make a Barca fan, he made me a football fan. That's my story.

Exactly this. (but without getting high)

My grandfather was fan of Brazil throughout his life (and a fan of Barcelona since Romario). My first thirst for football started in the 2002 World Cup, I was 9. After that tournament I followed only Ronaldinho. Then one day my father was watching a game on TV, where Ronaldinho featured in and I was a fan of the club ever since.

Last edited:

Adrian

1. Style of football
2. Watching Ronaldinho as a child
3. Barcelona is a beautiful city
4. "Mes que un club"
5. My Uncle supported them
6. Humble players

Oisin

I followed celtic since I was 7. The road to the final v mourinhos Porto in 2004 ignited my passion for football. I've always supported celtic, but the next year in uefa cup, we drew Barcelona. I remember watching ronaldinho and I became hooked. I don't and never had sky sports, so I want exposed to Spanish football at all. As a very nationalist and republican Irishman with a very nationalistic scottish father, I grew to dislike England and English football. I began watching football other than celtic matches when I realised the champions league was also on free tv. Then my idol Henrik Larsson moved to batceloma.
Then, Barcelona played v arsenal in 2006 final. I was so happy the English team was beaten, and Larsson played a major role. A pattern became obvious, Barcelona was the club preventing English success. I soon became mesmerized with the football and grew to love the players, the fans and the clubs identity. Catalunya as a nation is not dissimilar to ireland and scotland. They are the perfect complimentary club to go with celtic. Although celtic will always be my first team.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I was watching Champions League game Barca-Milan 14 years ago and I was so impressed how Rivaldo managed to score 3 amazing goals and save Barca. So it's because of Rivaldo.

7csc

Mostly because of my grandfather ( He was from Catalunya :) ) he was always talking about Barça !! And because since i was a little girl i already liked Barça. Since my 8/10 years

tikitaka

Well, it's a good question and really can't remember when I started to be a fan of this team, it didn't happen overnight.
I was born and raised in Morocco (North) and La Liga is a big thing there. its part of history/culture, and everyone is either a barca fan or a Madridista.
but been following the team since early 90's

Home of Barca Fans