Willian

jamrock

Pedro works hard, can run for days, doesn't offer much creativity but will take a chance if given to him

Perfect valverde player really and he would love to come back home

Will cost way less too compared to willian

JamDav1982

Not the FA cup final he didn't. Look, Willian's a good player but a ridiculous and depressing signing no matter how you try and spin it. He was Chelsea's best player a few years back for like sixth months when Mourinho had alienated everyone else, was brilliant against us admittedly (But so is any half decent ball carrier, we're so open), but beyond that has done nothing to even get close to being good enough for us/worth the prices speculated. Hell, even this world cup Douglas Costa looked far the superior player, which isn't to suggest we should/or even could sign him, but at least that would make SENSE. I'm so sick of being baffled by our rumoured signings. Or even worse when as with Willian I'm not, as you just know it means another season of 442.

He had fallen out with Conte by then which is a negative on its own really anyway.

Willian for the right price would improve the squad and help Barca in areas lacking but agree it is not inspiring and numbers quoted are too high.

JamDav1982

Pedro works hard, can run for days, doesn't offer much creativity but will take a chance if given to him

Perfect valverde player really and he would love to come back home

Will cost way less too compared to willian

Dont think that is what Barca are looking for and want another winger type with pace.

Even then he is not what Barca should be taking back and if think Chelsea fans are not all positive on Willian go read what they think of Pedro.

Pedro back would be worse than Willian and he cant quite run for days as used to at 31 either.

ASordidGod

He had fallen out with Conte by then which is a negative on its own really anyway.

Willian for the right price would improve the squad and help Barca in areas lacking but agree it is not inspiring and numbers quoted are too high.

Yeah, that's fair enough. And as much as it pains me to admit it, if we do carry on 442 right now Willian is more suited to rm than Dembele. But there's a big difference between being more effective than a callow prospect and improving the team to the point we're genuinely competing for the CL again. Which imo is the only way a transfer like this could ever be justified.

JamDav1982

Yeah, that's fair enough. And as much as it pains me to admit it, if we do carry on 442 right now Willian is more suited to rm than Dembele. But there's a big difference between being more effective than a callow prospect and improving the team to the point we're genuinely competing for the CL again. Which imo is the only way a transfer like this could ever be justified.

Barca squad last season was good enough to compete in CL. EV and the players fucked up but the squad is far better than likes of Roma and should have been competing at sharp end of CL.

Add to that Coutinho as well and Dembele with a full pre season as likes of Lenglet and Arthur for depth then Barca can and should be going close in CL.

The squad has more than enough quality to win it already but for me do need a bit more options with pace going forward.

Truthist

He started majority of games and biggest ones and was one of their most effective players.

PS. It doesnt.

A simple question, did he start in their last big game? A simple yes or no will do.

Might as well get Pedro back instead.

Pedro's legs have gone so we should be safe there but it's only a matter of time before Willian is done for too.

Not the FA cup final he didn't. Look, Willian's a good player but a ridiculous and depressing signing no matter how you try and spin it. He was Chelsea's best player a few years back for like six months when Mourinho had alienated everyone else, was brilliant against us admittedly (But so is any half decent ball carrier, we're so open), but beyond that has done nothing to even get close to being good enough for us/worth the prices speculated. Hell, even this world cup Douglas Costa looked far the superior player, which isn't to suggest we should/or even could sign him, but at least that would make SENSE. I'm so sick of being baffled by our rumoured signings, y'know? Or even worse when as with Willian I'm not, as you just know it means another season of 442.

His performance against us was typical of him. Weeks/ months of mediocrity, gets dropped, recalled and plays to prove a point. Sooner or later back to same old again and dropped like you wrote, in the final and of course they didn't miss him.

Truthist

If they want an average Brazilian winger so badly they might as well sign Lucas Moura. He will be a lot cheaper and younger. He's faster than Willian too.

EdmondDantes

I like Willian as a player but I don't think he'd be a wise signing - regardless of how good he was in both ties when we played them in the Champions League last season.

He's 30 and would cost an exorbitant fee - so not much longevity there.

BADGERBHOY

You'd think the board would have learned their lesson by now, but no, here we are again looking to give an inconsistent oldie a big contract.

If it was 20-30m then yes by all means, but 80m is astronomical, and could be put to far greater use elsewhere.

james baldwin

Is JamDav1982 Willian's brother or something? Jeez get a grip man. Most people here can see through Willian. Another poster was right to say his career is littered with mediocrity. He's never been an important player for Chelsea when Chelsea won anything important.

He's never done anything in a cup final and he was a squad player in Chelsea's 2 title winning campaigns because of his terrible play. He's a laughably inconsistent player who only turns up for 70-75% of a season.

In 2014/15 Mourinho preferred Oscar over him and Fabregas. In 2016/17 Conte preferred Pedro. And Pedro of 2016/17 was a higher level to anything Willian has ever shown in his Chelsea career. You're campaigning a bit too hard for this one. Give it a rest.

JamDav1982

Is JamDav1982 Willian's brother or something? Jeez get a grip man. Most people here can see through Willian. Another poster was right to say his career is littered with mediocrity. He's never been an important player for Chelsea when Chelsea won anything important.

He's never done anything in a cup final and he was a squad player in Chelsea's 2 title winning campaigns because of his terrible play. He's a laughably inconsistent player who only turns up for 70-75% of a season.

In 2014/15 Mourinho preferred Oscar over him and Fabregas. In 2016/17 Conte preferred Pedro. And Pedro of 2016/17 was a higher level to anything Willian has ever shown in his Chelsea career. You're campaigning a bit too hard for this one. Give it a rest.

Aye its my brother.

Great shout.

Home of Barca Fans