Women's football

Messi983

FC Barcelona has informed Nuria Rábano that her contract that was due to expire on 30 June 2024 has been terminated.

The 24-year-old left back joined the club last summer from Real Sociedad and has helped the club in its Champions League and Liga winning season.

FC Barcelona thanks the player for her dedication and wishes her all the best in the future.

BarDaysx

Giraldez has done well to succeed Cortes who led the team to their first WCL title and treble but left after having a fallout with the group. Hope he can continue with this group.
Bro, what is that anime ass picture below? You good?

Messi983

The most significant increase was for women's football, which combined sporting success with major ticketing revenue of €2.7 million.

A staggering €7.8 million was generated by women's football, an unprecedented figure thanks to its nine partnerships who have raised the team's income by 95% in relation to the 2021/22 season. Bimbo has been incorporated as a Main Partner, and there have also been agreements with the likes of Heura Foods and GLS.

Porque

Bimbo has been incorporated as a Main Partner, and there have also been agreements with the likes of Heura Foods and GLS.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The most significant increase was for women's football, which combined sporting success with major ticketing revenue of €2.7 million.

A staggering €7.8 million was generated by women's football, an unprecedented figure thanks to its nine partnerships who have raised the team's income by 95% in relation to the 2021/22 season. Bimbo has been incorporated as a Main Partner, and there have also been agreements with the likes of Heura Foods and GLS.

A lot of these recently reported commercial revenue numbers are puzzling to me, in women's football's case, I am assuming the 7.8m figure is only for sponsorship revenues? I remember reading that our women's section was generating around 14m of revenue in total earlier this year, something like that. Since we are spending around 8-9m on the women's section, and they are one of the few bright spots within the club to actually generate a profit, I am thinking the overall revenue must be well beyond 7.8m reported here.

Messi983

A lot of these recently reported commercial revenue numbers are puzzling to me, in women's football's case, I am assuming the 7.8m figure is only for sponsorship revenues? I remember reading that our women's section was generating around 14m of revenue in total earlier this year, something like that. Since we are spending around 8-9m on the women's section, and they are one of the few bright spots within the club to actually generate a profit, I am thinking the overall revenue must be well beyond 7.8m reported here.

Correct.

Messi983

Hope they won't force her to play.

With just over a week to go before Spain makes its debut at the World Cup in Australia and New Zealand, the spotlight once again shines on Alexia Putellas. The Barcelona captain, who has signed a virtually blank season as she is recovering from an injury to the crusader, has been training on the sidelines of the group since her arrival in Auckland last Saturday. The midfielder suffers from physical discomfort that is preventing her from rolling at the same pace as her teammates and that has caused her to miss some training sessions.

Messi983

Geyse sold to Man United, reportedly for a club record fee around 300k.

Hopefully can get a good striker to replace her unless we plan to use Salma there. Don't really trust Oshoala too much.

Messi983

According to Maria Tikas we've signed Esmee Brugts on a free transfer. 20 yo Dutch forward who last played for PSV. Clubs like CD Tacon, United, City and Chelsea also wanted her.

Compared to both Mariona Caldentey and Salma Paralluelo in this article...

Messi983

Laia Codina sold to Arsenal. Would like to keep her but understand she wants to play regularly. We're pretty thin at CB now though.

Home of Barca Fans