World Cup 2018

Vilarrubi

Portugal are in the same position as Argentina with 1 point from 1 game and neither played that well. Portugal scored two from a set piece and a mistake from DeGea, they didn't really create much from open play and Spain should have scored more. But the world cup is unpredictable up to now so you never know who could win it.

At last someone who see's the facts and doesn't post with emotion.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Seriously I still think Germany will win it. They get better as the tournament goes on, they are a tournament team. They will beat Sweden 2:0 and will thrash South Korea 4:1 and advance.

soul24rage

it certainly got to our heads that the curse will continue and cristiano gets lucky again. :lol:

I'm just going to assume from now on that Portugal wins the WC and Euros and Real madrid to keep winning the CL :lol: makes life easier to cope with when they do win lol

El Gato

Villarato!
[tw]1008374780351967233[/tw]

Mexico goal caused a tremor in Mexico City, because of people jumping up and down in unison :lol: :lol:

KingLeo10

[tw]1008374780351967233[/tw]

Mexico goal caused a tremor in Mexico City, because of people jumping up and down in unison :lol: :lol:

win against a WC superpower like germany outside of comfort zone in Russia is pretty impressive. not surprised one bit at the scale of celebration :lol:

BenRobbins

Portugal played drew with imo the best team in the tournament and have Iran and Morocco in their group. Argentina drew with Iceland, worst team in their group and have to play 2 very good teams in Croatia and Nigeria.

Portugal won the last Euros and Ronaldo is on a mission this year. There is reason for peoples concern and worrying but it is a bit OTT.

Devils

If I were Mexican I would be absolutely beaming today.

Hands down the best performance of the world cup so far and it was against the champions. Sliced Germany to pieces today.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Portugal played drew with imo the best team in the tournament and have Iran and Morocco in their group. Argentina drew with Iceland, worst team in their group and have to play 2 very good teams in Croatia and Nigeria.

Portugal won the last Euros and Ronaldo is on a mission this year. There is reason for peoples concern and worrying but it is a bit OTT.

Iceland are better than Nigeria and finished above Croatia in the WCQ, but hey, they're a small country most people haven't heard about so they must be shit :shakeshead:

blaugrana1987

Trust me i know all about iceland, i watched them knock us out in the euros :lol:
Trust me, we (Croatia) finished behind Iceland in qualis, I know how they are like. They play VERY tough, and against Argentina they went full on defensive, very hard to break down that wall. Still, Argies should have had it because they completely dominated them (unlike us or you guys). We will lose vs Argentina btw...

AndreC

I decided to share here my humble thoughts about the World Cup.
I have read here two things that I consider completely incorrect.
1-Portugal is shit
2-Portugal is only Cristiano.

I have seen all the games of this world cup, and i can tell you that Portugal chances of winning it are much higher that people think.
We have a generation of young tallented players (Bernardo Silva, Guedes, Guerreiro, etc etc) and others with a lot of experience (Quaresma, Patrício, Pepe etc) and Cristiano, but we have a COACH. We are not like Argentina for example. I see Argentina playing and I get nauseous. It looks like all players are scheduled to pass Messi ALL THE TIME. A bunch of robots that cannot think and execute for themselves and the only available option is passing to Messi. Its so easy for the oponent nullify Argentina. Someone here said that Messi against Iceland looked like a two trick poney. Unfortunately has a tip of truth. If the other players are predictable, Messi becomes predictable too. This is a sport 11vs 11.
People underrate Portugal a lot. Portugal is not exclusively dependent of Cristiano. Cristiano is obviously a important piece of the process, contributing essentially in the final phase, as in Real Madrid, with goals. But the defense is SOLID, the midfield carbide and Quaresma, Guerreiro, Cedric provide good crosses for Cristiano headers. ALL the players can think for themselves. Fernando Santos is doing a tremendous job with the team. We are good with the ball, and we are VERY good WITHOUT the ball. The team is comfortable adopting different approaches. That is very important in knockout phases. And off course, Fernando Santos brought the element of luck :) . Me and my friends used to play around saying that he is an expert on black magic or a wizard or something like that :) What happened in the Euro was not normal. We tie all games in the group stage. We dropped from second to third position because of Iceland's last minute goal and ended to the side of the table without giants(avoiding France Germany Spain Italy) and facing Croacia, Poland and WALES in the semis of a big competition. But dont let that deceive you, because is very difficult to score goals against us. France, that is stuffed with big names players tried in the final and could not do it.
It appears that the stars are again lining up. If Portugal wins the group B we could end the easy side of the table again, facing Russia/ Egipt in the next phase, but even Uruguai is not a problem. I expect Brazil to win their group. If Germany qualifies in 2nd place, Brazil-Germany will face each other. Spain finishing 2nd will too for this side of the table. If Argentina ends in 2nd will face France, if ends 1st we could have a Portugal-Argentina in the 1/4 and the winner will have an "easy" way( avoidind the big trio Brasil, Germany and Spain until the final).
I can confidently say that Portugal without Cristiano is in top 5/6 nacional teams in the world. We have a GOOD coach and we work and play AS a team. Every department and everyone knows how to proceed. And with Cristiano we have the advantage of almost ensuring 1 goal per game, so its a big plus.
I predict that Portugal is going far in this tournment. I could be wrong but lets see.

Home of Barca Fans