World Cup 2018

Laplacian

But remember guys, Suarez is past it.

Do you not understand what a physical decline is? Claiming a player is declining doesn't mean we should expect horrid performances from said player 100% of time. His ability, physical or mental, are deteriorating (not at a fixed rate) to the point that it makes it harder to bring out his brilliance. The individual brilliance we associate prime Suarez with is manifesting at far less consistent rates than it used to (2013-2016). Meaning that having a good month, game, or tournament like the world cup doesn't make our criticisms automatically void.

That said, it was a fantastic ball from Suarez. Great vision.

El Gato

Villarato!
The contrast between compactness of defenses in this game compared to France-Argentina is staggering. This Uruguay is mean and fugly, completely different to 2010 Diego Forlan team, but they may be better off for it. That duo upfront is Simeone's wet dream.

serghei

The contrast between compactness of defenses in this game compared to France-Argentina is staggering. This Uruguay is mean and fugly, completely different to 2010 Diego Forlan team, but they may be better off for it. That duo upfront is Simeone's wet dream.

Argentina was the same back in 2014. Now they are miles away from that compact unit they had.

utility73

I really appreciate being able to watch a team going about their work with utmost discipline and professionalism and who really know what they’re doing.

Laplacian

If Uruguay advance France is going to struggle I bet.

The key is to not grant space to France. Without space they can't do anything, Argentina were idiotic to play a highline (sometimes with only two at the back) against Mbappe and Griezmann. I can easily see Uruguay taking care of France.

El Gato

Villarato!
Godin and Gimenez got this, Portugal can cross all day long.

You'd think that, but most goals against Atleti that I can remember have come directly, or indirectly after, a set piece.

Seems this will be a carbon copy. Set pieces are Portugal's best bet. Counting on a lapse of concentration of Uruguayan defenders.

Home of Barca Fans