World Cup 2022

serghei

I don't think a South American nation will ever win the WC again.

They need to hire a top European manager imo. It's difficult because their players are scattered over whole Europe so chemistry is low. Unlike Spain and Germany for example. Or even Italy from the past. These teams have their core for 1-2 teams.

BerkeleyBernie

OK I'm starting to get triggered by these US commentators on Fox. This fuking idiot keeps calling Thiago Silva Casemiro, I have a feeling he has no clue who is Casemiro and who is Thiago Silva.

US commentators...I might just turn my TV over to Telemundo whenever they're on, they're so annoying. Let them cover the US games and have them STFU on the rest.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I don't get how you can look at Raphinha and then look at Dembele and think that they are in the same tier of players... There is a world of difference between the two, and Dembele is even younger than him.

Regarding Brazil, they look identical to their 2018 selves. So disorganized, not much thought other than trying to dribble past a crowd of players, I am quite whelmed to put it mildly. I think they would be far better off with a 4-3-3, with Guimaraes instead of Vinicius, Neymar on the left wing and whoever performs better between Antony and Raphinha

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Are we going to forget that Argentina made the WC final in 2014 with Sabella and Brazil went out to Belgium while being the better team in 2018 with Tite?

Most European teams hardly have a top class manager themselves so not sure why South American ones are called out? Most top managers don't want to be NT managers.

serghei

Are we going to forget that Argentina made the WC final in 2014 with Sabella and Brazil went out to Belgium while being the better team in 2018 with Tite?

Going out to a team like Belgium is bad no matter how you put it. And Argentina made the final in a very Italian way, grinding out wins by the narrowest of margins, often with heroics in defense. That happens very very rarely.

Argentina and Brazil have talent, but look more disorganized than the best teams in Europe. They can still win of course, but last time they did it they had Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho, a historic trio. Or Romario back in 1994.

These are all time legends, among the best players of all time.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

I don't see how Brazil can win a World cup with Neymar as a key player and Richarlison as a Cf.

They are better than Serbia, but meh for now.

Serbia needs get Vlahovic in.
Their attack is not working for now.

One journo on my domestic station is asking on the HT: why on Earth is Richarlison playing as a Cf?

El Gato

Villarato!
If I were them I'd get top10 striker in and move Richarlison bit wide. They're struggling to take Serbs on one on one and best chances came from through balls

Devils

This Brazil team gives me 2014 vibes lmao.

Richarlison upfront and those defenders lol.

Lucky for them there's no rampant Germany to run them over. France could massacre them tho if they are up for it.

JamDav1982

There is barely a top European Coach in European international football either.

None of them would be in for the top jobs.. bar maybe Lucho at Barca again.

Southgate got to WC semi and Euros Final on pens... he is nowhere near a top coach either.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Going out to a team like Belgium is bad no matter how you put it. And Argentina made the finals in a very Italian way, grinding out wins by the narrowest of margins, often with heroics in defense. That happens very very rarely.

Argentina and Brazil have talent, but look more disorganized than the best teams in Europe.

I'll wait before making any calls on Argentina, Germany, Brazil so far.

They might hit ground running from their second game.

Argentina need to go to a three man midfield again and play their two best FBs in Acuna and Montiel and it could look very different. Germany need to be more clinical while Brazil might need a change in system.

Tite should go with a 4-2-3-1 with Casemiro and Guimaraes in the middle. Ditch Paqueta. Vinicius and Neymar as CAM is enough when it comes to creativity in the forward positions.

Home of Barca Fans