World Cup 2022

Windhook

Canada is so full of potential. But today they left so much space between the lines and their CB were complete disaster.

Indeed they are and players will learn from this experience. But Canada seriously need to invest in coaching, otherwise they face a legacy like Belgium with a nobody coach Roberto Martinez.

Also sense Alphonso Davies turning into the next Gareth Bale - a left back turned LW/CF

Messigician

Indeed they are and players will learn from this experience. But Canada seriously need to invest in coaching, otherwise they face a legacy like Belgium with a nobody coach Roberto Martinez.

Also sense Alphonso Davies turning into the next Gareth Bale - a left back turned LW/CF

Roberto Martinez is a good coach tho they did well in 2018 world cup

Blackened

Congratulations to all the Croatian folks on this forum (if there are any). I love their team. For such a small country, they continue to produce such great, world-class talent. I`ve said it before, I`ll say it again; pound for pound, they are (along with Uruguay) the best footballing nation on Earth.

Sailor Mars

Canada's coaching is fine. They just don't have enough talent outside their forwards. And Davies has always been a winger with the Whitecaps. Its only with Bayern he started playing as leftback.

BBZ8800

Congratulations to all the Croatian folks on this forum (if there are any). I love their team. For such a small country, they continue to produce such great, world-class talent. I`ve said it before, I`ll say it again; pound for pound, they are (along with Uruguay) the best footballing nation on Earth.

Only 4m population, true

Blackened

And unlike France, England and Germany, their talent is purely home-based. They have no migrants. If, lets say France, played with only real French people (Giroud, Rabiot, Griezzman, Lloris, Pavard, etc) they would never win any World Cups.

JohnN

Same could be said about Germans but migrants are part of the countries they live in, so not exactly fair to exclude them.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

Davies's case is more similar to that of Alaba than Bale. Unlike Bale, Davies has actually started as a LW/RW in MLS when he was tearing it up before joining Bayern, where he became a left back, but still keeps playing in a more attacking position for Canada. Alaba also used to play further up the pitch for Austria at CM/LM while he was playing LB or even CB for Bayern.

eaman

And unlike France, England and Germany, their talent is purely home-based. They have no migrants. If, lets say France, played with only real French people (Giroud, Rabiot, Griezzman, Lloris, Pavard, etc) they would never win any World Cups.

They might win if you add some other players who didnt make the squad but are good players. A big reason they won is the whole French set up. Those players have been with each other for a long time. But ya they would find it alot harder

Home of Barca Fans