World Cup 2022

Devils

Said it before and will say it again, Spain's forward line rivals that of mid-table clubs in most leagues.

Just absolutely dreadful.

I would have been better off taking someone like Gerard Moreno to even come on as a sub. Just awful all around.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think Spain's downfall in this WC is another piece of evidence that "the Barca way" is not working any more. We should be more pragmatic now and not be fixated on it, otherwise it will keep going south for us.

Birdy

Yeah, not really. Bruno Fernandes is not afraid to shoot from 20m. Spain and Portugal are glued to each other on the map, but their football is very different. Portugal is closer to Brazil in style of play.

A shot that will most likely bounce in several defender bodies you mean?

Spain are far better than Portugal in breaking low blocks, despite being meh at it.
Have you ever watched Santos' Portugal? They are atrocious when they don't have space to counter.
If they play their normal game, it's either 0-0 and penalties again or a Marroco win

serghei

I think Spain's downfall in this WC is another piece of evidence that "the Barca way" is not working any more. We should be more pragmatic now and not be fixated on it, otherwise it will keep going south for us.

Also think it should show how exceptional the 2009-11 team was. Stop trying to think every new kid on the block is going to become the new Xavi, new Iniesta, new Alves, new Messi and so on.

In a way it's disrespectful to these giants to believe they were basically part of a recipe.

FinBarcelonafan

What's funny: we drool after Spanish national team players who are average as ****.

Like someone said, Spains offensive line is a bit better than average LaLiga team.

eaman

I wouldn't say that. It's the lack of quality up front really. I think Spain would've looked better and possibly won against a top team. They would've at least scored against a slightly more adventurous team like they have in recent tournaments and nation leagues

wisconsincule

Why didn’t any of the attacking players take penalties first for Spain though? Laughable.

Morata should have been the first one out there.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Also think it should show how exceptional the 2009-11 team was. Stop trying to think every new kid on the block is going to become the new Xavi, new Iniesta, new Alves, new Messi and so on.

In a way it's disrespectful to these giants to believe they were basically part of a recipe.

Yes. They not only had the possession but they created so many chances, nowadays we and Spain have all the possession but not creating that many chances. Spain is worse than us. Today I felt like they didn't even have any big chances.

serghei

Fucking hilarious how Spain and Barca are even more dogmatic now than in 2009, with less than half the players. Back in 2009 we played with Yaya Toure, Alves, Keita, Puyol, Henry, Eto'o, Abidal, later with Mascherano, and now we play with a bunch of kids and snowflake mentality players like Sarabia, Olmo, Torres, and ancient finished players like Busi. :lol:

You reap what you sow they say.

Windhook

The Barca way works in league format systems, but it's year after year evident in knockout stages facing solid defence it is just time wasting tiki-taka.

Home of Barca Fans