World Cup 2022

JamDav1982

Look at this:
Croatia has now came back 6 times in a row in KO matches after losing.

2018: R16: Denmark 0:1 to 1:1, and win on pens
2018: 1/4: Russia 0:1 to 2:2, and win on pens
2018: 1/2: England 0:1 to 2:1 in extra time
2018: final: France 0:1 to 1:1, but lost 2:4
2020: R16: Spain 1:3 to 3:3, but lost 3:5 in extra time
2022: R16: Japan 0:1 to 1:1, and win on pens
2022: !74: Brazil 0:1 to 1:1 in extra time, and win on pens

Fucking lol :worthy:

Haha you are counting games they lost there as well.

Good on them but dont need to go searching for games they lost in as managed to equalise as any evidence of anything.

FinBarcelonafan

Look at this:
Croatia has now came back 6 times in a row in KO matches after losing.

2018: R16: Denmark 0:1 to 1:1, and win on pens
2018: 1/4: Russia 0:1 to 2:2, and win on pens
2018: 1/2: England 0:1 to 2:1 in extra time
2018: final: France 0:1 to 1:1, but lost 2:4
2020: R16: Spain 1:3 to 3:3, but lost 3:5 in extra time
2022: R16: Japan 0:1 to 1:1, and win on pens
2022: !74: Brazil 0:1 to 1:1 in extra time, and win on pens

Fucking lol :worthy:

You should donate some of that DNA to Barcelona because they could use it.

Laplacian

2.7 - 0.6 in favour of Brazil.

If Brazil finished their chances everyone would be talking about how Croatia rolled over and were terrible.

Now talk is about how Brazil were outclassed despite creating far more the whole game.

Missed chances sway people's perception of games.

People only remember the final score. Same thing with the Brazil vs Belgium match, thought Brazil outplayed Belgium in the second half but terrible finishing from nervous players (Coutinho for example) prevented them from equalising. The xG was 2.81 vs 0.54 in Brazil's favour. Talk to people about the game today and they'll only tell you Hazard schooled Brazil. But hey, it is what it is.

JamDav1982

Brazil couldnt finish their chances and Croatia has one shot on target that deflects and goes in. Thats footbal.

Croatia wont give a fuck and Brazil wont take any positives from fact they created the better chances either.

FinBarcelonafan

Brazil couldnt finish their chances and Croatia has one shot on target that deflects and goes in. Thats footbal.

Croatia wont give a fuck and Brazil wont take any positives from fact they created the better chances either.

Like you said, nobody cares. Saudi Arabia beat Argentina which should based on stats almost never happen. It doesn't change the fact that it's their greatest win in their football history.

History rarely remembers xG

Zidane82

What a load of sh1te!!

The worst display of reffing from the ever useless English referee

He failed to punish all the ridiculously cynical Croatian tackles , failed to give that handball penalty .. in fact the guy was booked then handled unintentionally in the box ( still a penalty though ) then committed two more bookable fouls that went unpunished . Then the ref fell for a ridiculous dive to get Casemiro booked that reduced his effectiveness .

Moderic body checked and stamped on his teammates ( Rodrygos foot halting a breakaway attack and left the Brazilian limping - Modric not even booked
The only bonus was it makes it more easier for Messi to win the World Cup !

I hate those bloody Croatians

eaman

You wouldn't say the same if Brazil won. They literally parked the bus for 110 minutes.

Don't get me wrong, it worked in the end. But can't say one or the other manager is good.

They didn't park the bus certainly nowhere near morroco levels. Croatia had plenty of possession and possession in the Brazil half and tried to attack alot

eaman

not from Serbia tho. I just don't like the 2004 Greece type of football.

Nowhere near as defensive as that. I'm fairly sure Croatia had a decent amount of possession and they attacked with it. Just not great in the final third

Sailor Mars

I was pretty confident in this Brazil team. Shocked at a QF elimination. Maybe being able to substitute to a proper midfield 3 later in the game might have made a difference, but props to Croatia

Judoman

Nowhere near as defensive as that. I'm fairly sure Croatia had a decent amount of possession and they attacked with it. Just not great in the final third

Exactly, Croatia actually won possession by 2 %, it just that their attack sucked.

Home of Barca Fans