World Cup 2022

JamDav1982

More is needed for world class level, which is apparently the type of wages he and his agent demand.

Small margins for impact in those games.

Good luck finding better spent money than giving Dembele a new contract.

I am sure whoever does will get value for 50m and his salary..fitness permitting.

Regardless has been Barcas best attacker since Xav arrived and best wide player in La Liga this season.

Kudos to Xavi for taking on board in Jan for him to play.

serghei

I am sure whoever does will get value for 50m and his salary..fitness permitting.

First let's see him in the rest of the season. He plays great and leads us to a title win, you can maybe justify giving him close to Lewandowski money. If he wants more than 12m net or something... he can go.

I hear he wants some big bonuses too. Money could add up to a lot in the end for a new long term deal between wages and sign-on bonuses to him and his agent.

ajnotkeith

Regardless has been Barcas best attacker since Xav arrived and best wide player in La Liga this season.

Kudos to Xavi for taking on board in Jan for him to play.

If that idiot Alemany had his way we might not have made top4.

One of the few squad decisions where Xavi has nailed it.

JamDav1982

First let's see him in the rest of the season. He plays great and leads us to a title win, you can maybe justify giving him close to Lewandowski money. If he wants more than 12m net or something... he can go.

We are discussing what he has done to date under Xavi and this season.

To keep focusing on everything he hasnt done doesnt tell whole story.

Regardless of what salary he may want he has been best attacker under Xavi and best wide player in La Liga this season.

What he does in future is a seperate argument.

delancey

His damn job is to score goals. How many La Liga goals did he have last season?? 1!!! 😂😂😂😂 Why? Cause the boy can?t shoot. Properly.

serghei

We are discussing what he has done to date.

To keep focusing on everything he hasnt done doesnt tell whole story.

Regardless of what salary he may want he has been best attacker under Xavi and best wide player in La Liga this season.

What he does in future is a seperate argument.

What he's done so far is not enough for the type of deal he wants. I already said that. It can be enough in the future if his performances continue to grow at the level of the last few weeks.

JamDav1982

What he's done so far is not enough for the type of deal he wants.

Again... this is not point being made.

Has been Barcas best attacker under Xavi and best La Liga winger this season.

What he wants to stay is another debate.

But some folk want to make out he has not been great so deflect to his contract.

May want too much or may not score/assist again this season.. not relevant to point I made.

Last edited:

Morten

His damn job is to score goals. How many La Liga goals did he have last season?? 1!!! �������� Why? Cause the boy can?t shoot. Properly.

His primary job is to take on defenders and create chances, secondary is to score goals, Dembele is not a striker.

Though yes, his finishing simply isn't good, but he does that other part quite well.

ajnotkeith

What he's done so far is not enough for the type of deal he wants. I already said that. It can be enough in the future if his performances continue to grow at the level of the last few weeks.

What similar ability wingers in the world are better financial options?

Nobody available that forms a better financial deal if we were to sell him and then pay a large transfer fee for another.

JohnN

Pretty low level games across all teams until now. Nothing compared to top ligas and cl. Chemistry and urgency is just not there for most national teams.

delancey

His primary job is to take on defenders and create chances, secondary is to score goals, Dembele is not a striker.

Though yes, his finishing simply isn't good, but he does that other part quite well.

This is true, but he should have 10-15 goals et season, not 1. That is not world class. Hence why I never fear him in front of goal. Of course, 1 in 15 games, he scores a goal that Messi would score in every game for us.

Home of Barca Fans