Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Dont think miles off Madrid as they are not great either.

The players are better than these past v games.

Madrid if get Mbappe and or Haaland could be different.

freetocan

Poor signings like FDJ, Araujo, Fati, Pedri?

Or do you like to pick and choose

How about I pick and choose are you happy with Torres right now? No? How about Garcia and Kessie?

Yeah real fkn happy
This Torres is a huge miss. To pay $55mil on this fucking shit player who does not have an idea how to dribble and no horizontal at all, what do you expect? More that that, Xavi play with him consistently for no reason. It might be a link between these two guys otherwise for me it's just not understandable. I do not foresee any good from this player so another hit and miss from Barca beside so many others? Too poor our aquision management.

FinBarcelonafan

Away to Napoli was about the only good European game under Xavi.

Home to Benfica, away to Bayern, home to Napoli, home to Gala and Frankfurt x2 were all poor to terrible.

I actually agree on those. Xavi was exposed in Europe, other than Napoli who respected us way too much.

Laplacian

You know Im not going to talk shit. With these players I even doubted we would get top 4 but we made a tremendous recovery and now we're highly likely to finish top 4. Way better than I expected.

We have some promising youngsters and decaying retirees. What we're missing is the middle component of squad building, quality players in their mid 20s.

Xavi did way better than I expected, especially compared to LOLand Koeman.

Iniesta Ultra

He made some mistakes for 2 games in a row, but was excellent for the 20 before that.

Justly should be criticized for these 2 games and needs to improve but the poser and fraud toxic comments are just that - toxic.

For the record, I didn't rate him pre Jan. I rate him now. And will rate him till he full on loses the plot. And not 2 bad games.

I've been harping about serious tactical problems for at least a month now, nepotism/ego problems I've been on about since I've joined the forum.

JamDav1982

Torres will prove to be a good signing provided dont try to play him as a LW on touchline with no FB supporting him.

Fuck know what on earth Xavi was thinking if signing him to play like that.

Not just Torres but to then have Depay as the CF with no one within 20/30 yds of him at times when holding up ball is a big weakness and Dembele 30 yds to the other side.

It comes down to putting a system before the players actually have on park when play like tonight.

FinBarcelonafan

We have been playing bad ever since the 4-0 Madrid game. I still think this is partly mental. We thought we were hot shit and opponents would lose easily every game.

Now we need to get back to working hard and outworking the other team.

Real win messed us up mentally

Horatio

You're welcome
I'll still trust him and see what he can do with a pre-season. He should be able to push the team into the right direction. Of course until we get some signings we'll never reach the heights expected but he can still definitely improve the current situation.

Mental issues also at play now.

JamDav1982

Barca just lack too many of the basics and games like tonight not playing to strengths of players.

Lack full backs to take width or that can deliver quality, lack a target in the box, lack numbers in the box, lack combinations all over park from midfield to FB/Wingers, lack legs in too many crucial positions.

This idea Barca are 'obligated' to play in some different way is not only a huge excuse but absolute nonsense.

Liverpool as one pundit said do nothing special.. they just have the basics down better than anyone else. Barca are at polar opposite end of scale too often.

JamDav1982

We have been playing bad ever since the 4-0 Madrid game. I still think this is partly mental. We thought we were hot shit and opponents would lose easily every game.

Now we need to get back to working hard and outworking the other team.

Real win messed us up mentally

Real game where wide players have space and can try to take quick actions suits Xavis structured set up more it seems.

When they are asked to combine to break down a team sitting deep it is a different story unless can get on end of a cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans