Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegitot

Puig wasn't good. But when the midfield played closer together in the second half we were better. And I'm talking of before the sending off.

You can't replace Busi like for like, but we could atleast be a little more adaptable. Has Xavi forgot that he won his first treble with Yaya Toure having more minutes than Busquets. Did the two play the same?

Yaya was world class, and with both Xavi and Ini at their highest peak. I'm sure if Xavi have Yaya, he will replace Busi now.

But there is none.

Porque

Yaya was world class, and with both Xavi and Ini at their highest peak. I'm sure if Xavi have Yaya, he will replace Busi now.

But there is none.

He wasn't when we signed him though, and had never touched DMC until Pep put his Buddha hands on him.

So could we not try and find a profile who can adapt there and not be a Busi clone. Coz if we want a Busi clone for 10 minutes a season let's call back Sergi Samper.

vegitot

He wasn't when we signed him though, and had never touched DMC until Pep put his Buddha hands on him.

So could we not try and find a profile who can adapt there and not be a Busi clone. Coz if we want a Busi clone for 10 minutes a season let's call back Sergi Samper.

True but let's wait and see how Xavi handle Kessie next season.

Iniesta Ultra

Puig wasn't good. But when the midfield played closer together in the second half we were better. And I'm talking of before the sending off.

Bruh, Puig wasn't bad at all. You dis his performance while praising his actions/effects at the same time. That's some Xavi logic right there.

Iniesta Ultra

Puig is our new Iniesta.

Our third goal yesterday wouldn't have happened if Puig didn't recover with the faintest of touches Alves' intercepted pass to Dembele. He did a great back to goal one two with Fati who was running diagonally up the midfield for a decent shot attempt. His golazo wouldn't have been offside if Garcia didn't interfere.

Last edited:

TheStig

You can't replace Busi like for like, but we could atleast be a little more adaptable. Has Xavi forgot that he won his first treble with Yaya Toure having more minutes than Busquets. Did the two play the same?

I am slowly changing my mind about that Yaya sale and I'm starting to think it was a mistake long term. It looked like a great decision in the Pep era but after? I think Yaya (if he would stay the same as he was at Barca, not become a diva and an offensive player like in City) would be a better fit after Pep's era. He would fit in well in Lucho's and EV's system and he wouldn't have the status that Busi has in the last 5 years and we could replace him and many of the disasters maybe wouldn't happen.

Andresito

Staff member
Xavi wants Bar?a to sign a centre-back, a left-back, a winger, a striker, an interior and a pivot this summer. [md]

CB: Christensen
LB:
DM:
CM: Kessie
RW: Raphinha
CF:

Who do we fill the other vacancies with?

Porque

Xavi wants Bar?a to sign a centre-back, a left-back, a winger, a striker, an interior and a pivot this summer. [md]

LB:
DM:
CF:

Who do we fill the other vacancies with?

LB: Sergio Busquets
DM: Sergio Busquets
CF: Sergio Busquets

Seriously though.

LB: Marcos Alonso
DM: Kessie
CM: Soler
CF: Lewanchomsky

Kessie is not a DMC, but Xavi will possibly try him there. If he has intelligent positioning it can work, but Xavi has to bring the team closer together otherwise no one will ever work.

Also, we have been linked with Tielemans in non Spanish sources (contract up 2023 and Leicester prefer to sell overseas) who would be solid and potentially adapted to our DMC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans