Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This year there will be no excuses for him. If we continue being underwhelming and fall way behind Real Madrid he will be gone and so will any of his hopes of making it here as a manager. I cannot see Laporta keeping him solely because of his name and status as Barca legend, more so considering he never really wanted to appoint him in the first place.

Hopefully he figures it out ASAP.

Barcilliant

I remember people crucifying Lucho for everything but Xavi has been terrible so far.
I am pretty sure he will be gone by December. The big issue than will be who replaces him? Knowing Laporta he will probably hire Marquez.
Gavi is s good player but not a starter. Busquets is trash and should have been binned five years ago.
Can anyone enlighten me on what Xavis tactics are because even the players seem clueless about them.

iniestaGOAT

I remember people crucifying Lucho for everything but Xavi has been terrible so far.
I am pretty sure he will be gone by December. The big issue than will be who replaces him? Knowing Laporta he will probably hire Marquez.
Gavi is s good player but not a starter. Busquets is trash and should have been binned five years ago.
Can anyone enlighten me on what Xavis tactics are because even the players seem clueless about them.

Didn't you want ten haag in? He is about to relegate man unkted after buying midget cbs.

That fool does not even have the balls to bench harry pique busquets would both be starting under him

Barcilliant

Didn't you want ten haag in? He is about to relegate man unkted after buying midget cbs.

That fool does not even have the balls to bench harry pique busquets would both be starting under him

Yes, I wanted Ten Hag. You can't compare Utds squad with ours. We've brought in quality players plus we already have some good young talent. Except for the full backs we have quality and depth.
Utd are trash. They are bad all over the park. You're referring to Lisandro,right? You can't blame one player or the manager if the rest of the players are shit.
Xavi is shit. Get over it. Ten Hag can at least blame the qu ality of the squad. Xavi has no such excuse. He got players in the Jan window and quality players in this window.
He needs to let go of his Spanish Fetish and bench Busquets and Gavi. He is not manager of Spain. Pedri,De Jong and Kessie should start.
Laporta will not accept a trophy less season this time around especially after all the assets we've sold.

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

Yes, I wanted Ten Hag. You can't compare Utds squad with ours. We've brought in quality players plus we already have some good young talent. Except for the full backs we have quality and depth.
Utd are trash. They are bad all over the park. You're referring to Lisandro,right? You can't blame one player or the manager if the rest of the players are shit.
Xavi is shit. Get over it. Ten Hag can at least blame the qu ality of the squad. Xavi has no such excuse. He got players in the Jan window and quality players in this window.
He needs to let go of his Spanish Fetish and bench Busquets and Gavi. He is not manager of Spain. Pedri,De Jong and Kessie should start.
Laporta will not accept a trophy less season this time around especially after all the assets we've sold.

Please stop making excuses for the fool. He's getting smashed by Bournemouth and some other noob team.

And he had a full preseason.

iniestaGOAT

Brighton and Brentford. At least get your facts right. You could put Klopp or Pep in charge of Utd and they would still be shit.

No they wouldn't. Klopp and Pep would both be sitting with 6 points right now. With Ronaldo and McGuire on the bench.

Ten Haag has no pull. Klopp and Pep would also have acquired better players by now like xavi did.

Ten haag is chasing dutch division players while getting rejected by everybody.

JohnN

There was a time last season, the team played really good and won consistently, because xavi went back to fundamentals. He is trying to build something more than that and players need time to implement but fans have no patience whatsoever.
Also, we did spend money and improved the squad, but didn't suddenly become the Barca of old,to be able to trash every team. We still rely on teenagers and a semi-retired player in midfield, and have no quality in fb position. A puzzle can't be completed without all the right pieces. Give it more time. At least more time than one game.

Barcilliant

No they wouldn't. Klopp and Pep would both be sitting with 6 points right now. With Ronaldo and McGuire on the bench.

Ten Haag has no pull. Klopp and Pep would also have acquired better players by now like xavi did.

Ten haag is chasing dutch division players while getting rejected by everybody.

I think you should be more worried about Xavi than Ten Hag. Utd have been shit for almost a decade now.

iniestaGOAT

I think you should be more worried about Xavi than Ten Hag. Utd have been shit for almost a decade now.

I am not worried about ten Haag I know he's a fraud.

Not worried about xavi either, we are winning the league.

I am concerned about you wanting bum managers like ten Haag to manage us.

JamDav1982

He isnt going to drop Busi so on basis of that JamXavi changes to improve team would be..

Busi DM but Frenkie is box to box beside him on the left.. drops to offer more options for defence to play out and in turn opens up space for Busi to find it easier.

FDJ is also on the left to allow Alba to take the width and cover for him when needed. The LW is either Fati/Torres/Auba and they are much closer to Lewa and offering more options in box more than touchline wingers getting ball wide.

FDJ also allowed to make runs with ball and arrive in box and when he does the other players need to react and cover that.

Pedri is the AM and can hold position more and FDJ should help him get ball more often.

On the right it is either Dembele or Raphinha holding wide and the right back more defensive player

Much closer to system played when Barca had their best time under Xavi and utilises pllayers better.

Wont happen though.

JerseyAddict

I don't get how he is so stubborn with Araujo on RB and forcing Busi whole game... And that shit with forcing balls on wingers that hugh the line.
He was a genius as a midfielder yet his midfield is the worst part for now.

serghei

This year there will be no excuses for him. If we continue being underwhelming and fall way behind Real Madrid he will be gone and so will any of his hopes of making it here as a manager. I cannot see Laporta keeping him solely because of his name and status as Barca legend, more so considering he never really wanted to appoint him in the first place.

Hopefully he figures it out ASAP.

If he fails we need to go after Tuchel. Man is a Barca fan as well :lol:. A bit crazy but fuck it, go for him.

Until then though, Xavi will get a fair chance and some time to build a solid team. He has enough quality this season to push for the title. So no excuses.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If he fails we need to go after Tuchel. Man is a Barca fan as well :lol:. A bit crazy but fuck it, go for him.

Until then though, Xavi will get a fair chance and some time to build a solid team. He has enough quality this season to push for the title. So no excuses.

He will get a fair time, but I have no doubts Laporta will not think twice about binning him if we keep playing like this and don't get the results.

Although Laporta, Alemany have to take some of the blame too. Especially Laporta. If they believe Alba and/or Busquets are past their best they should put the foot down and tell Xavi to start phasing them out. At the end of the day Xavi has gotten almost everything he wanted this summer, but he works for them, not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans