Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc_lovin

They had one serious chance... apart from that the defence was flawless.

We can't control games for shit though. Maybe we lack punch upfront or our midfielder panic.. it's annoying.

ajnotkeith

Despite conceding more than a goal of xG again, we don't concede.

Statistics are one thing but when the results on the field repeatedly disprove them it can mean two things : one, a huge amount of luck, or two, there is some other variable not being considered.

But can it just be a huge amount of luck, when we have won so many games this way? Perhaps, but probably not the whole story.

LaLiga may be shite but there is something else... Is it the pressure of playing against Barca? The intimidation of our centre backs when they shoot? Who knows.

But it works for now against these types of teams despite not being ideal at all.

jamrock

Kinda annoying that teams still sit back against us, like we are prime Barcelona, so freaking annoying, come out & play you bastards.

Guess it's the power in the name.

serghei

This Barca is pretty good and disciplined at defending. Everyone does his part, and I don't see players slacking off at doing their job at the back. This generates pressure for the opponent.

I know it's better to play on the front foot, but the team and the players we have are not good enough yet. Everybody at the team is working to make sure we improve at dominating games, but knowing how to defend and win when you can't dominate a game is very modern and very needed for current situation.

mc_lovin

Lots of overreactions and excessive expectations.

We are winning the League if you haven't noticed. Or we absolutely should looking at our schedule (biggest games left are at home etc pp). What keeps me in good faith with Xavi apart from that is that we play some great football occasionally. I am sure his idea aren't matches like today - we just lack consistency for a bunch of different reasons (teenagers, no really impressive forwards, lots of new starters...).

I'm happy.

JamDav1982

This Barca is pretty good and disciplined at defending. Everyone does his part, and I don't see players slacking off at doing their job at the back. This generates pressure for the opponent.

I know it's better to play on the front foot, but the team and the players we have are not good enough yet. Everybody at the team is working to make sure we improve at dominating games, but knowing how to defend and win when you can't dominate a game is very modern and very needed for current situation.

Barca are not seeing game out playing great defensive football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans