Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

"Ever since I announced my decision to leave, the team is playing better. We’re pressing more, attacking more, defending more.”

"Our style is showing. Call it Cruyffism or whatever, but it’s showing. Due to bad luck we don’t play like this in every match, but when we do, it’s so enjoyable.”

If he reflected, he would probably realise that the reason things have changed since he announced he is leaving, is because he has changed since announcing he is leaving.

Horatio

You're welcome
I think it’s a bit of coincidence. Things that contributed is Cubarsi delivering tremendously, ter stegen returning contributing to more stable defense(pena was pretty bad), kounde finally willing to play Rb and Gundogan continuining his great form. Lamine been improving.

But catalans are also romanticists, so no doubt they want to tie the turn around to his announcement of leaving.

Credits to xavi though.

malvolio

It wasn't that today, Atletico were very poor. Roberto was actually a liability and could of cost us if Atletico were actually able to finish in this game. It was more so Gundogan and lewy having an excellent game.
Pretty much this. There is no turnaround or magic formula that Xavi suddenly implemented. Nor this is some master plan that is coming to fruition now.

Combination of factors, like Atletico being poor all season, not starting their most important players and some of our players really having a good game.

Are Atletico a better team than current Inter? No, but Inter were wasteful and lost a match on penalties.

Messi983

I think it’s a bit of coincidence. Things that contributed is Cubarsi delivering tremendously, ter stegen returning contributing to more stable defense(pena was pretty bad), kounde finally willing to play Rb and Gundogan continuining his great form. Lamine been improving.

But catalans are also romanticists, so no doubt they want to tie the turn around to his announcement of leaving.

Credits to xavi though.

I also think there are multiple factors for our improved form recently. MATS returning is the biggest one alongside Cubarsi's emergence to become more stable defensively. And offensively Lewy has finally started to score again in 2024 and Yamal is showing his talent.

But at the same time I also believe Xavi announcing his decision to leave when we were on our lowest point of the season (after that brutal and tough loss vs Villarreal) also lifted a lot of pressure both of him personally and consequently his team as well.

I never believed for a second Xavi has lost the locker room. You can see when the players don't give a sh** on the pitch. Never seen that here under Xavi. Players were playing hard but not always smart (which I think is partly also down to a very young and inexperienced team we have). This has also improved recently which must be down to changes in tactics. Lewa also mentioned something about trainings being more intense lately. Whatever it is I hope it will continue for next two months. We probably won't win anything but can keep morale on a high so next coach will have an easier job when he takes over and can concentrate mostly on improving the team tactically and physically.

Horatio

You're welcome
I also think there are multiple factors for our improved form recently. MATS returning is the biggest one alongside Cubarsi's emergence to become more stable defensively. And offensively Lewy has finally started to score again in 2024 and Yamal is showing his talent.

But at the same time I also believe Xavi announcing his decision to leave when we were on our lowest point of the season (after that brutal and tough loss vs Villarreal) also lifted a lot of pressure both of him personally and consequently his team as well.

I never believed for a second Xavi has lost the locker room. You can see when the players don't give a sh** on the pitch. Never seen that here under Xavi. Players were playing hard but not always smart (which I think is partly also down to a very young and inexperienced team we have). This has also improved recently which must be down to changes in tactics. Lewa also mentioned something about trainings being more intense lately. Whatever it is I hope it will continue for next two months. We probably won't win anything but can keep morale on a high so next coach will have an easier job when he takes over and can concentrate mostly on improving the team tactically and physically.
Yes I adressed this before. I also praised xavi for always having players behind them. That’s a huge thing for a coach. Ten hag is almost experiecing the same. String of disappointing results but players still believe.

Unfortunately I am also of opinion that kind of losing in la liga title race eleviated pressure from players. Which actually…is not a commendable thing. Part of being an athlete is dealing with pressure and expectations. I think gavi is one of few that deals well with that(most of the youngsters currently). Unfortunately he was out.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Would be funny if his brother took over and then appointed another brother of theirs (there are 4 of them) as assistant :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans