Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalitis8

Banned
Ignore me at your peril.

Only time will provide a definitive answer for that, and hopefully we will all be here.

For me, the chances of Thiago breaking into the Barcs starting XI are slim to none.

B

barcelonista

For me, the chances of Thiago breaking into the Barcs starting XI are slim to none.

I will add this to your famous prediction list. Such as:

Busquets,other than being a diving pussy,he is totally inadequate for Barca.I wonder if Numancia would have him.

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/13-16-Sergio-Busquets?p=328191#post328191

We need.

2.A DM.Sergi cannot cut the mustard,not even nearly and Yaya has not shown the form of the previous season.Maybe that is due to Pep benching him all the time,but I cannot tell for sure.This position is a bit of a question mark for me,and it is a vital position.The one thing that can be said with certainty is that Biscuits is not up for it.

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/3880-4-signings-this-summer?p=322416#post322416

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I have never seemed to have noticed you. Probably you had nothing of note to say.

The reaction gif thread was meant for moments like these.

tumblr_lm0h33ywo11qdlkgg.gif

zanela

Thiago is not Barca starting material. I have told you on numerous occasions on this forum.

Thiago exhibits the traits of a Barca midfielder more than Cesc at this moment. And if we are reverting to our classic 433, i'd prefer someone who knows to distribute play, switch the tempo, retain possession, work hard, defend, and put in a shift on both fronts. Cesc is not that man. And even as an attacking midfielder, Thi has more to his game. The boy can actually dribble unlike the slow and uninspiring Cesc, who has nothing to show besides his vertical play and fouling players as he seems clueless at how to tackle.
Player of Thi's age need to be playing regularly (esp for a midfielder), the likes of Götze, Muniain etc look better by way of more top flight experience, not because they are greater talents. When Thiago was allowed the same game time, we saw his potential take to the fore (the Euro-U21, pre-season, the starting la liga matches). But if Cesc (being catalan et al) continues to get favored over Thiago, we'd lose the better talent to a rival club, and we'll be stuck with a xaviesta wannabe, who neither has the talent or the temperament to take this team forward.
Thiago can do everything Cesc does, and more.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Thiago exhibits the traits of a Barca midfielder more than Cesc at this moment. And if we are reverting to our classic 433, i'd prefer someone who knows to distribute play, switch the tempo, retain possession, work hard, defend, and put in a shift on both fronts. Cesc is not that man. And even as an attacking midfielder, Thi has more to his game. The boy can actually dribble unlike the slow and uninspiring Cesc, who has nothing to show besides his vertical play and fouling players as he seems clueless at how to tackle.
Player of Thi's age need to be playing regularly (esp for a midfielder), the likes of Götze, Muniain etc look better by way of more top flight experience, not because they are greater talents. When Thiago was allowed the same game time, we saw his potential take to the fore (the Euro-U21, pre-season, the starting la liga matches). But if Cesc (being catalan et al) continues to get favored over Thiago, we'd lose the better talent to a rival club, and we'll be stuck with a xaviesta wannabe, who neither has the talent or the temperament to take this team forward.

I'm to lazy to go to that wonderful place called the GIF reaction thread, but this post has a lot of truth in it... So could some please look for an appropriate GIF?

On a personal note, I seem to enjoy zanela's posts more than I did in the past... While your insight has always been great, sometimes you used to sound a little angry/defensive, but now you're more laid back and dare I say less patronizing, so in my opinion that is great and I appreciate it...

dalitis8

Banned

That is your weakest post ever on this tormented forum.

When has actually Thiago displayed all those things that you ascribe to him? I seem to have failed in noticing them.

Do you think that Pep is so stupid as to underrate Thiago so much? And if Thiago was as great as most on this forum seem to believe, then why don't other big European clubs come knocking with a generous offer? Everyone wanted Cesc. Arsenal wanted him, Real Madrid likewise, Milan wanted him as well, and so did Man City. Oh, Pep, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi were also desperate for him to come.

Statistically, he is our number 2 player of the season, and there can be little arguing with that.

What I recall of Thiago, was his recent half an hour cameo against Leverkusen when we were already 1-2 up. Other than running like a headless chicken and falling over his bum on at least 2 occasions, I can recall little else.

Sure the boy has some moves, but he is too inconsistent, unproven, an upstart and has shown very little in any potential ability to take over games like Cesc and be as productive.

If he were as good as many of you here are saying, then Pep would have trusted him more, but he does not. He must know something, good old Josep Guardiola.

Maybe he can be a starter one day. But that day is definitely not now, and you all have to contemplate the possibility that such a day may never come to pass.

Maybe he should get some more games in our future dead La Liga rubbers.

B

beautifulgame

That is your weakest post ever on this tormented forum.

When has actually Thiago displayed all those things that you ascribe to him? I seem to have failed in noticing them.

Do you think that Pep is so stupid as to underrate Thiago so much? And if Thiago was as great as most on this forum seem to believe, then why don't other big European clubs come knocking with a generous offer? Everyone wanted Cesc. Arsenal wanted him, Real Madrid likewise, Milan wanted him as well, and so did Man City. Oh, Pep, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi were also desperate for him to come.

Statistically, he is our number 2 player of the season, and there can be little arguing with that.

What I recall of Thiago, was his recent half an hour cameo against Leverkusen when we were already 1-2 up. Other than running like a headless chicken and falling over his bum on at least 2 occasions, I can recall little else.

Sure the boy has some moves, but he is too inconsistent, unproven, an upstart and has shown very little in any potential ability to take over games like Cesc and be as productive.

If he were as good as many of you here are saying, then Pep would have trusted him more, but he does not. He must know something, good old Josep Guardiola.

Maybe he can be a starter one day. But that day is definitely not now, and you all have to contemplate the possibility that such a day may never come to pass.

Maybe he should get some more games in our future dead La Liga rubbers.

Stopped reading at the bold bit.

So this is kinda awkward that i have to be the one to break this to you... bbbut Pep said in a post-game press conference that Thiago is better than both Xavi and Iniesta were at his age. Sooo.. yeah.

dalitis8

Banned
Stopped reading at the bold bit.

So this is kinda awkward that i have to be the one to break this to you... bbbut Pep said in a post-game press conference that Thiago is better than both Xavi and Iniesta were at his age. Sooo.. yeah.

Dude, I will try and be polite with you.

Managers say stuff like that the whole time in order to encourage their young players psychologically. Statements like that are made the whole time, either by managers, or senior players without necessarily reflecting the truth. It's just part and parcel of football's etiquette. Not much more than that should be read into that. How many times have we heard things like: "this kid is the new Zidane", this young player is the new Ryan Giggs, this kid is the new Messi, and so on and so on. 99.9999% of the time, the statement turns out to be absolutely false. Statements by managers and players should always be taken with a heavy pinch of salt.

Or another example of how the football world lies to itself. Madrid and Barca players are asked before each season if any other La Liga side can challenge for the title. They usually say yes. Even though it is 100% certain that this could never be the case these days.

Pep is especially polite. Whenever asked about an opponent he will say: "They are a fantastic side, they have excellent players, this manager is doing an excellent job, we are afraid of them" When in reality what he wanted to say was: "They are crap, if we play anything over our 25% level we will score 5 past them"

You see there is a gap between what is being said under conditions of social convention, and what actually is the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans