Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Seeing his passes carve out Madrid's defence yesterday sent shivers of sheer excellence down my spine. A true hero.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Absolutely brilliant again. For me it's Messi by quite a way and then it's Xavi and Rooney fighting for 2nd in the world this season. CR, Kaka etc have been nowhere near those three.

MinaFCB

fyevqh.jpg

zanela

Absolutely brilliant again. For me it's Messi by quite a way and then it's Xavi and Rooney fighting for 2nd in the world this season. CR, Kaka etc have been nowhere near those three.

I hate this number game esp when a midfielder is put in the same bracket as a forward. Xavi is not fighting for any top3/10 spot, the role he dons is probably the hardest on a football pitch. Creating & playmaking requires a fantastic vision, tactical nous, intelligence and intitution, the most diff attributes found in a footballer. When he plays, the team plays, which can't be said the same about the the other two. What he does and how he goes about it, is unparalled at this moment in world football. The man is in a league of his own. He is the undisputed king of midfield. And so phenomenal he is in his position that it needs to be named after him in his honour just like it was done with Makélélé.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Where did I mention forwards? The constant talk is of who is challenging Messi at the top of football this season, and for me Xavi and Rooney are the only one's who have reached incredible levels.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
only the english call it "the makelele position" due to them being so tactically naive as to not know what the fuck it was before he made it very obvious.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
He deserves to win a Ballon d'Or...but I don't see anyone else other than Messi winning it this year. I think Xavi should have won it last year, he was our best player that season by far

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Xavi was very focused last night, you could see it...He's very clearly an important leader for the club and in matches like those where focus & rising to the occasion is so key - he was right there pullin' the strings

J

Jonas

I hate this number game esp when a midfielder is put in the same bracket as a forward. Xavi is not fighting for any top3/10 spot, the role he dons is probably the hardest on a football pitch. Creating & playmaking requires a fantastic vision, tactical nous, intelligence and intitution, the most diff attributes found in a footballer. When he plays, the team plays, which can't be said the same about the the other two. What he does and how he goes about it, is unparalled at this moment in world football. The man is in a league of his own. He is the undisputed king of midfield. And so phenomenal he is in his position that it needs to be named after him in his honour just like it was done with Makélélé.

I've been reading barcaforum for quite some time now but never felt the urge to write anything. But to this I just have to reply with a big smiling :hooray:
He is the glue of the team, slowing and speeding up the game whenever necessary.
I honestly think he is without a doubt the most important player in Barca right now, and I dread the day he decides to quit, or loses his "touch".

zanela

only the english call it "the makelele position" due to them being so tactically naive as to not know what the fuck it was before he made it very obvious.

Xavi's position should universally be named after him. :hooray:

I've been reading barcaforum for quite some time now but never felt the urge to write anything. But to this I just have to reply with a big smiling :hooray:

Welcome Jonas. I'm well pleased my post gave you the urge to start posting :beer2:

Last edited:
F

Fisnik

XAvi is the brain and messi is the Heart !

Only one thing i dont gett it that Canavaro was the Best player of 2006 and Xavi wasn\t even second last year but from now one he will be on the top of the list evry year but with messi in this Form it will be impposible to win the golden Ball !

El Mesías

Every single Barcelona's formation should be named after thier player. "the Xavi position", "the Messi position" etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans