Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

At least our left & right side wasn't as far apart as east & west on a compass today, so I'm happy with that.

Zidane win 3 CL with cross ball & some luck though, just saying...

I can see Xavi had the right idea with the front 3 playing Depay to give some depth and inside presence to the attack, rather than pure width. However the style of play was still disappointing.

It is valuable to have a mix of width and inside presence in the front 3.

Jadentheman

https://youtu.be/zlwVZTtR0zQ

Please watch this video. Linders breaks down the 4-0 win tactics against Barca. Note how he says they targeted Ter Stegen, Pique and Busquets. Watch how he mentions Henderson frequently.
Modern football requires physicality period. All those idiot Catalan fans who think we can get by on skillful midgets are deluded.

This team lacks a Henderson type player in midfield. Rakitic used to fufill that void for a few seasons. Busquets is good if you want a technical workhorse. But Barca needs someone that can be technical and physical as required. Busquets might have had physicality in the past, but he's older, slower, and weaker. He's a liability. If Barca can get a midfielder that can provide the brute with a decent tactical knowledge. I can see great things with a link up with Gavi and Pedri.

Barcilliant

Making the same mistakes now that cost Koeman LL last season...double downing on the washed up vets in the crucial part of the season, in this case top 4.

Yep, but every fucking manager has done that. Amigo power rules the club. They'll probably be here in three years time when EL not CL qualification will be our goal.

freetocan

With actual team full of deadwood and a stubborn coach I do not see a big improvement next season. We may fight for same objective like now, places 2-4 in La Liga. Nothing else.
Barca first of all has to sell all deadwood from this team as it has way too match. No other team has at least the same. We are like a Zoo Garden with all kind of animals....

ryuken

Nobody will want our dead weights, they are glorified retirement age oldies with nothing left to gives but of course here in this club we are family so they stay and dine with the coach and play weeks in weeks out

Porque

The Dani Alves psuedo Double-Pivot worked great today. But oh my, is our RW isolated.

In Xavi system we need the best fullbacks in the world. And it's probably the position (along with 9s) that is least flourishing with elite options.

serghei

He needs to be very careful next season. This season we'll probably secure top 4, but cracks are still there, the same old ones, and if he doesn't do something about them and just believes that these old players will somehow transform, we'll not be going to improve the team at a fast enough rate.

iniestaGOAT

The Dani Alves psuedo Double-Pivot worked great today. But oh my, is our RW isolated.

In Xavi system we need the best fullbacks in the world. And it's probably the position (along with 9s) that is least flourishing with elite options.

There are lots of great full backs in the premier league itself

Temptation

This team lacks a Henderson type player in midfield. Rakitic used to fufill that void for a few seasons. Busquets is good if you want a technical workhorse. But Barca needs someone that can be technical and physical as required. Busquets might have had physicality in the past, but he's older, slower, and weaker. He's a liability. If Barca can get a midfielder that can provide the brute with a decent tactical knowledge. I can see great things with a link up with Gavi and Pedri.

Kessie is being signed for that role I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans