Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusiTheKing

Our attacks generally lack ambition and confidence. We settle for half-hearted crosses instead of looking for the cutting passes. Very few combinations through the middle. Even promising counter attacks just get pushed out to the winger for a cross.

When we run into dead-ends we often just panic and lob in a useless hail mary instead of recycling the attack and looking for something better. And then when the space appears and it's time to punch through and execute, we hestitate and freeze up. Overall we just look out of sync, with each other and with the game.

BusiTheKing

This is the biggest challenge of playing attacking possesion football: you have to be very good at feeling out the situation -- when it calls for advancement and when it calls for cooler heads to prevail. Very often it's a question of advancing with composure, of looking for executions while having an out. Ultimately this is something that is left up to the quality of the players. Messi was obviously key in dictating our temperament in this aspect.

xXKonan

Xavi genius as a player and GOAT level Midfielder.

As a coach? way off so far despite having a couple of good months. The biggest issue with him is his refusal to learn and understand when things are no longer working. He got 95% of the transfers he wanted we are still playing poorly like we did last season as nothing changed.

Lets see how long he keeps the bullshit up. No way Laporta is going to sit by and keep watching this shitshow considering the shit we had to do this summer to get the funds.

ajnotkeith

Xavi genius as a player and GOAT level Midfielder.

As a coach? way off so far despite having a couple of good months. The biggest issue with him is his refusal to learn and understand when things are no longer working. He got 95% of the transfers he wanted we are still playing poorly like we did last season as nothing changed.

Lets see how long he keeps the bullshit up. No way Laporta is going to sit by and keep watching this shitshow considering the shit we had to do this summer to get the funds.

We could give him a 1 billion budget and sign all the players in the world and for the most part we would probably look the same. Tactical issue.

After our good spell teams began to react to our setup and play more defensively, knowing we commit numbers forward and are weak defending counters. He still hasn't changed the tactics to reflect that our game is known now and we need to adapt too. Since Elche/Galatasaray of last season teams started to know where our weak points are and how to attack this setup.

Keep going with the same tactics and we are sitting ducks.

ajnotkeith

This is the biggest challenge of playing attacking possesion football: you have to be very good at feeling out the situation -- when it calls for advancement and when it calls for cooler heads to prevail. Very often it's a question of advancing with composure, of looking for executions while having an out. Ultimately this is something that is left up to the quality of the players. Messi was obviously key in dictating our temperament in this aspect.

Defensively we are also very questionable but have been aided by the mid table and relegation teams not having very good attackers.

We conceded 3 clear cut chances today to a bottom half side. Give those against a top team and you will sink fast.

Currently this setup is not giving strength in attack or defense.

FinBarcelonafan

Trust the process? If I could see glimpse of something new and some hope, I think it would be easier to "trust the process". I don't see anything new or great in our game play.

vegitot

He must fix his midfield. Where is the playmaker? Where is the orchestror? Why his CMs play so high? Why isolate granny Busi so opponents can target him easlily? Why no connection, no combination between his mids?

He should understand these better than anyone.

jamrock

I'm seriously wondering what he does in training, because I'm not seeing anything like a coherent game plan on the field.

It busquets is the center of everything you do & it isn't working drop him play someone else.

If keeping the pitch as wide as possible means their is no inter play and all the opposition needs to do is stand between the spaces to make things difficult for our attack, then change it.

Don't sit there and think you have it all figured out, you certainly don't if you start fucking Araujo at RB in a game at home to rayo.

khaled_a_d

After our good spell teams began to react to our setup and play more defensively, knowing we commit numbers forward and are weak defending counters. He still hasn't changed the tactics to reflect that our game is known now and we need to adapt too. Since Elche/Galatasaray of last season teams started to know where our weak points are and how to attack this setup.

This isn't an issue by itself, teams were doing that fir almost 14 years at least.
It is how every player is positioned tbh, Xavi talks a lot about understanding position ball but it is still a major issue for this team.
Midfielders aren't positioned to be midfielders , fullbacks aren't positioned as fullbacks, off ball movement sucks and players don't find themselves with ease.

Early days of the season, but it is just way too annoying

Last edited:

Masetro10

Xavi has a lower winrate than Valverde, Setien, and Koeman at just 52% Are we so sure about Xavi? He seems to be a possession merchant who allows the opposition to get extremely dangerous counter attacks every game.

I mean the the whole defensive line is nearly in the final third. The opposing teams get free runs behind all game and that's all they try for. And when the pass pays off its 1v1 or 2v2 with the goalkeeper. Rayo should have 2 goals easily I really don't see how they messed those chances up.

We have fullbacks pushed up wide and we have the wingers....pushed up wide? Wtf that makes no sense. The midfielders are spread out and are basically shuttling the ball to wide players and running into the final 3rd mainly doing nothing since both Pedri and Gavi are like 5'8. Xavi has until the 9th game this year to prove he knows what he is doing. We play RM week 9. He better be ready or else the seat will heat up. He gets by on being a Barca legend and a recent legend at that. He might be the Barca version Ole Gunnnar

Barcilliant

Calma, even Pep Barca lost first game vs Numancia back in 2008

If I remember that game correctly,we played very well and missed a boat load of chances. There was structure, possession and we actually looked like a team. I think we lost first game, drew second and then hammered a team with six in the third. Went unbeaten till December I think.
Pep clearly knew who was starting, how we would play and the first two games were an aberration. Xavi still clueless after half a season and over 150 million spent.
Utd have an excellent manager with a shitty squad while we have an excellent squad with a shitty manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans