Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

That's some bet. Fati looked terrible the minutes he got vs Getafe. Raphinha was our most dangerous player and he played 30 mins until he lost his marbles.

To be fair to Fati he looked better at end of last season at LW and had good connection then and in pre season with Balde.

Xavi put Abde on who was abysmal and then put Fati on at what can only assume was some second striker role.

serghei

Let's be honest, you wouldn't have posted this had we played well yesterday and won.

I would have. It's simple logic. Last season the offense was the biggest problem and now we lost Dembele and added Abde.

You tell me if this sounds good to you. :lol:

Best hope is Madrid drop in goals too by losing Benzema. But they at least added Bellingham.

JamDav1982

I would have. It's simple logic. Last season the offense was the biggest problem and now we lost Dembele and added Abde.

Last summer it was being argued that Barca needed a striker with more movement and younger and a RW who had pace and could better replace Dembele when out and you disagreed and said they were top signings.

serghei

Last season he was saying Lewa, Raphinha and Kounde were the perfect signings and equipped us to compete for everything.

We did win La Liga. As much as some people ignore it. It's a major trophy won thanks to signings made last summer.

It is this summer that has been bad. We needed a summer or top signings and got the opposite almost.

Horatio

You're welcome

Best hope is Madrid drop in goals too by losing Benzema. But they at least added Bellingham.
If Abde had looked much better yesterday and team overall had played better you would have said something like:

"We brought Abde back who looks great, Gundogan looks promising and already had a huge impact in his first la liga game. Considering Cancelo is on his way, this transfer window has been pretty solid all things considering. Xavi did well."

JamDav1982

We did win La Liga. As much as some people ignore it. It's a major trophy won thanks to signings made last summer.

It is this summer that has been bad.

Nah the best players were the ones there before.

Regardless winning league doesnt mean they were good signings anyway with what team needed in short and long term.

Decent players. Spent too much on them and other profiles would have been better.

serghei

If Abde had looked much better yesterday and team overall had played better you would have said something like:

"We brought Abde back who looks great, Gundogan looks promising and already had a huge impact in his first la liga game. Considering Cancelo is on his way, this transfer window has been pretty solid all things considering. Xavi did well."

Nah. If we kept Dembele and added Gundogan, then yes. Losing Dembele weakened the attack quite obviously.

JamDav1982

Nah. If we kept Dembele and added Gundogan, then yes. Losing Dembele weakened the attack quite obviously.

You slaughtered Dembele and how much he made it hard work for Xavi.

Now bemoan fact he is gone.

Usual.

Now he is gone it is all about how much he has weakened attack and how much better he makes PSG.

Constant mental gymnastics.

Regardless if the team lacks pace up top that is on Xavi for never addressing it and if anythinh making it worse.

JamDav1982

Raphinha and Dembele were top 3 for us last season. It's Fati and Ferret that were basically useless all season.

Yes and you slaughtered Dembele and said he wasnt a top player/Raphinha better etc.

Now never stop giving off how much Xavi will miss him.

Its on Xavi for letting front line lack this pace and not addressing it.

serghei

You slaughtered Dembele and how much he made it hard work for Xavi.

Now bemoan fact he is gone.

Usual.

Now he is gone it is all about how much he has weakened attack and how much better he makes PSG.

Nah. Slaughtered Dembele when others made out he is world class. He is not world class but still was one of our best players.

Since, as said many times before, in my opinion, only De Jong can be called world class in this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans