Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Nah. Slaughtered Dembele when others made out he is world class. He is not world class but still was one of our best players.

Since, as said many times before, only De Jong can be called world class in this team.

Nope. Can easily find quotes of what you thought of Dembele and how Raphinha was better etc.

Wasmade out poor Xavi cant win with players like Dembele... now cant win without him.

All argued a year ago that team needed more pace as back up to Dembele and player similar to what he gave.

For all the greatness made out Lewa and Raph added to attack to win league... Barca scored two more goals last season than season before when had LDJ, Abde, Jutgla, Ilais, Demir etc getting minutes in first half then Auba, Traore, Ferran etc in second part.

serghei

Nope. Can easily find quotes of what you thought of Dembele and how Raphinha was better etc.

Wasmade out poor Xavi cant win with players like Dembele... now cant win without him.

Can easily find quotes of mine saying Dembele was one of our best players. So try harder.

ajnotkeith

Can easily find quotes of mine saying Dembele is one of our best players. So try harder.
Doesn't matter if Raphinha is better because they play the same position anyway.

So Raphinha starting over an entire season, according to you, would produce more than Dembele, therefore unless Raphinha misses a lot of games there is no loss.

serghei

Doesn't matter if Raphinha is better because they play the same position anyway.

So Raphinha starting over an entire season, according to you, would produce more than Dembele, therefore unless Raphinha misses a lot of games there is no loss.

No, because, again, as I said many times, I would have used both.

JamDav1982

Can easily find quotes of mine saying Dembele was one of our best players. So try harder.

Yes as you go back and forth contradicting yourself depending on argument as doing again right now.

Try harder to at least not contradict yoursefl.

Last season you bummed up Dembele as soon as he was injured as 'poor Xavi' would mis him. When fit he was holding Xavi back.

serghei

Yes as you go back and forth contradicting yourself depending on argument as doing again right now.

Try harder to at least not contradict yoursefl.

Last season you bummed up Dembele as soon as he was injured as 'poor Xavi' would mis him. When fit he was holding Xavi back.

No contradiction.

As logic goes, the following arguments are perfectly in line:

- Dembele is not world class
- Barca have no world class players bar De Jong
- Dembele is one of the best Barca players

My criticism of Dembele was regarding his price, the expectations he failed to meet, his injuries, him not being world class, and so on. Not related to him being one of our best players atm.

ajnotkeith

No, because, again, as I said many times, I would have used both.
Why would you keep two top quality players for one position when we have giant holes elsewhere? If you think Raphinha is better, then selling Dembele was the right thing to do... Raphinha is fit enough to start vast majority of games.

serghei

Why would you keep two top quality players for one position when we have giant holes elsewhere? If you think Raphinha is better, then selling Dembele was the right thing to do... Raphinha is fit enough to start vast majority of games.

Selling Dembele is ok, if you bring a top player instead. Not if you bring nobody. :lol:

What is the benefit for our attack if we lose Dembele and add nobody? It's obviously a big decrease in quality for a forward line that alredy had low numbers last year.

ajnotkeith

Not to mention Vinicius, probably 2nd best winger in the world after Mbappe. And Fede Valverde.

Vinicius and Rodrygo managed to come up with 4-5 goals and several assists between them at the most elite level possible. We have fucking donkeys like Ferran and Dembele.

I know Madrid are nasty and insufferable, but they are two levels above us. Much better veterans (uncomparable really), and also better youngsters, and better players in their prime, as well as much better keeper.

Who the hell plays in this Madrid team from Barca lol. De Jong and nobody else :lol:. Even De Jong is questionable.

Sorry, but out fans need a reality check dose.

JamDav1982

No contradiction.

As logic goes, the following arguments are perfectly in line:

- Dembele is not world class
- Barca have no world class players bar De Jong
- Dembele is one of the best Barca players

My criticism of Dembele was regarding his price, the expectations he failed to meet, his injuries, him not being world class, and so on. Not related to him being one of our best players atm.
No complete contradiction as usual

You argument was nothing like that but usual 'heres what I really meant' emerges.

Example.. Barca draw Man Utd and make out likes of Dembele are part of reason Man Utd have better squad.

Dembele then gets injured and start saying 'poor Xavi' unlucky to miss his best players.

Argued Raphinha better and better last season etc.

JamDav1982

Well, the comparison was with Vinicius.

Nope it wasnt majority of time.

Not when claiming likes of Dembele and lack of performances are what makes Man Utd squad better than Barcas... Spurs also.

Dembele was a name time and again brought up when trying to show limitations of squad is the reality... unless it was an argument of him being out then its poor Xavi hes injured.

serghei

You don't have to look so far back lol. Just 1 month ago before PSG news broke up I named Dembele as one of our top 5 players.

JamDav1982

You don't have to look so far back lol. Just 1 month ago before PSG news broke up I named Dembele as one of our top 5 players.

Yes because as soon as he leaves its back to the 'poor Xavi' narrative as said.

When available he is held up as one fo reasons whey Man Utd and Spurs have better squads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans