Your Barca formation

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
I am not convinced that Pep will play 4-3-3 as most are suggesting. I feel that Pep will go for a 4-1-2-1-2 formation like Silky Soccer posted, although I would like to see Ibra playing just behind Villa and Messi.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
I am not convinced that Pep will play 4-3-3 as most are suggesting. I feel that Pep will go for a 4-1-2-1-2 formation like Silky Soccer posted, although I would like to see Ibra playing just behind Villa and Messi.

Only Problm with that formation is that it puts alot of pressure on the full backs to provide the width, and i agree that if Ibra was to play in it, it would be behind the forwards, but i dont think pep will play messi as an out and out forward. but i would likee that to be the system.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
You're right I can't see him using Messi as an out an out stiker either, but I would like to see Ibra in that role for curiosity's sake.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
With the pace of Villa and Messi getting behind the defenders it would give him enough time as well to take that extra touch he always wants. Perhaps we will see it in the CL?

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
With the pace of Villa and Messi getting behind the defenders it would give him enough time as well to take that extra touch he always wants. Perhaps we will see it in the CL?

plus, a big plus, it will give him time to turn and face the goal and have a shot from range (which we really lack), he is so much less effective with his back to goal, do you think pep would risk it in the cl gamee? maybe a league game first to see how it works.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Do you guys think we'll see a formation like this sometime this season (Copa del Gay, maybe?)

Miño
Bartra - Gomez - Fontás - Muniesa
Thiago - Romeu - Dos Santos
Jeffren - Bojan - Pedro

It really seems like a long shot, but wouldn't that be awesome?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No chance imo. with Adriano, Milito, Keita and others around. Would love to see that lineup though.

My strongest line up would be

----------------Valdes--------------
---Alves-------Puyol-------Pique--------Abidal
---------------Busi------------------
---------Xavi------------Iniesta-------
--------Messi------Bojan-----------Villa

jamrock

-----------------------------vv
------Adriano--------Pique--------Maxwell

-----Alves-----Iniesta-----Xavi-----Pedro

-----Messi---------Ibra------Villa

Defending is for cowards

10Messi10

True Barcelonista
Defending with 4 is not coward..6 ++ is :)

----------------------Valdes-------------------------
-------Alves----Pique-------Puyol------Abidal-------
----------------------Busquet-----------------------
----------Xavi---------------------Iniesta-----------
---------Messi---------Ibra--------Villa-------------

Last edited:

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
Defending with 4 is not coward..6 ++ is :)

----------------------Valdes-------------------------
-------Alves----Pique-------Puyol------Abidal-------
----------------------Busquet-----------------------
----------Xavi---------------------Iniesta-----------
---------Messi---------Ibra--------Villa-------------

Who defends with 6? Inter? RM with Mourinho?...

nebeer

Love is All
Ibra behind Messi and Villa does sound interesting, as Messi would become more of an out and out striker and Ibra would be the in the hole player. Even though it sounds interesting, we would lack width with this formation. Villa and Messi are both deadly from the wings. Though I'm sure it would be fun to experiment a little bit...

mike2334a

Predict your Lineups for the 2010-2011 Season

I wanted to see how close can we get by predicting lineups for this new season THANKS!

Just put barca - and who ever we are playing so it wont get confusing when we start playing 3 games a week later on, THANKS.

Racing - Barca

------------------VV
Alves------Puyol--Pique-----Abidal
----------------Busquets
Xavi---------------------------Iniesta
Messi----------Villa------------Pedro

Subs
Pinto
Milito
Maxwell
Adriano
Keita
Jeffren
Bojan

And no body would be left out thats how tight the squad is , man that scares me !

Home of Barca Fans