Zinedine Zidane

Beast

The Observer
Lol I didn't saw any difference . Depo kept on attacking , found spaces , i am expecting a ucl humiliation by A random European giant. Bale and Benzema scoring goals getting subbed, what was the difference ???

Sometimes you just can't teach people to understand the tactics & formation of the game... they just stick to obvious stats like Benzema getting subbed (which didn't happen )
Against any team playing Real you will always find space, winning the CL we left a lot of space too ... we are not the famous AC Milan with Nesta-Maldini & Stam and Pirlo-Gattuso marching our backline... nor are we Chelsea at their heights... the best way is to play to your strength using the power you have & it never was the defense ..

As for the difference.. like i said you can't teach people to understand tactics.. but here is a hint out of so many hints maybe it will help

CYV0KEaUQAQsRFY.jpg:large

You still can't sense the difference ?

Great insight Beast, thanks.

Tell me, what is Ronaldo's place in this Madrid, and in next year's? Leaving or staying? What are the politics of it?

Your welcome dear, the politics is one of the reasons Perez was so hung out on making Bale work .. as it stands at the moment selling Ronaldo in the summer won't cause Perez any trouble and that's what matter to him since he is walking on thin ice.. the more Ronaldo keeps deteriorating the easier for him to be offloaded and cut Mendez upper hand .. something Perez was never fond off
It should have been last summer but coming out empty doesn't help.. the replacement is set in the form of Hazard.. all Perez needs now is for Bale to deliver consistency and i believe Zidane is pushing this deal to go through.. he needs Hazard more than Ronaldo

If Madrid have any sense they will offload Ronaldo for a good price. Ronaldo is still a big name but is fading fast.
Agreed

Beast, what is wrong with being an introvert? :lol:

Good for you, I hope he is not going to be too successful.

Nothing :) except you need to be more outspoken ... thankfully the players don't have this issue because they either played beside him (Ramos ) seen how he is idol'd for a long time (Marcelo & co ) or dealt with him with Jose or Carlo (the rest of them ) .. part of the reason why they asked Perez for him in particular ..
you can sense him in the press room.. he is a little shy on the outside ( contrary to what he is among friends and with himself ) he didn't do any presser when he coached Castilla.. in a way the spotlight doesn't attract him at all

Occurs to me, how is Zidane's Spanish? Is it at least better than Gareth Bale's?

Man , Zizou lived in Madrid permanently since 2001 , that's 15 years.. you get the hang of any language after 2-3 years (except if you are Tevez )
his sons go to school in Madrid & they play in Real Madrid youth teams..he speaks Spanish fluently of course

Morten

At the end of the day, Perez is still here, no big changes will or can be made. No coach has the power to radically change our broken system, neither will Zidane.

Richard.H

Honestly I'm a bit more cautious now. RM played a lot like Ancelloti's team against Depor: Lots of pressing, very quick distribution of the ball from defense to mid to attack. Not only that, but the players love Zidane. They respect him. The fans love him. CR will still be a diva little bitch, but everyone else is happy. He brought the focus back to the offense, which was always the key ingredient for the little trophies that RM have in the last 10 years. I also noticed that Danilo wasn't playing, Benitez's and Barca's favorite player (Count Danilo, the rival to Lord Douglas). He started Carvajal, who was always much better than Danilo. He made all the right subs, which was also something Benitez was shit at. Ultimately, all of this is not good for us cules.

Not sure if it's too late for Zidane to get the CL trophy or La Liga trophy this season, but they will fight it to the end. I'm nearly certain he will stay for next season, so with all of the transfers he wants, plus all of the preparations he needs to make, we might be in for a much bigger rivalry next season.

P.S. I really missed seeing Benitez on the sidelines yesterday. There should be a banner for Benitez in Camp Nou.

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
Honestly I'm a bit more cautious now. RM played a lot like Ancelloti's team against Depor: Lots of pressing, very quick distribution of the ball from defense to mid to attack. Not only that, but the players love Zidane. They respect him. The fans love him. CR will still be a diva little bitch, but everyone else is happy. He brought the focus back to the offense, which was always the key ingredient for the little trophies that RM have in the last 10 years. I also noticed that Danilo wasn't playing, Benitez's and Barca's favorite player (Count Danilo, the rival to Lord Douglas). He started Carvajal, who was always much better than Danilo. He made all the right subs, which was also something Benitez was shit at. Ultimately, all of this is not good for us cules.

Not sure if it's too late for Zidane to get the CL trophy or La Liga trophy this season, but they will fight it to the end. I'm nearly certain he will stay for next season, so with all of the transfers he wants, plus all of the preparations he needs to make, we might be in for a much bigger rivalry next season.

P.S. I really missed seeing Benitez on the sidelines yesterday. There should be a banner for Benitez in Camp Nou.

Agreed with all points except for Cule's being worried , Barca is a fine oiled machine ..even our attacking trio doesn't match yours which is possibly the best in history due to how they compliment each other
add to that Lucho is seasoned manager , worked with Barca B , Roma & Celta than lead Barca to a triple winning season.. these factors matter..
Zidane probably will lose both the Clasico & the Madrid derby in his way to learn his profession as both teams already managed to beat us with more experienced manager & a much better & on form Ronaldo ... i wouldn't worry this season...for us we finally enjoy watching our team play instead of the 24/7 bore fest of Rafa & his talk about stats which is totally irrelevant of how his team played like shit all over the pitch

Beast

The Observer
Not yet. He's just the best player ever. :pep:

He isn't of course , but he is no inconsistent player who just shone in two finals and did nothing apart from that... particularly i remember many season like Quieroz one when towards the end the team was falling apart to injuries but he kept doing his best with no help
people tend to forget that Zidane came to Real Madrid when he was 29 not a young player & what he did was a lot better than any of his younger counterpart ..
so you don't compare Zidane time at Real Madrid with the 25-28 year old Iniesta (that's Zidane with Juve) .. compare him to Iniesta when he reach his age although again Zidane played a lot further than Iniesta & Iniesta played sometime as a winger more forward than Zidane ..they are similar in many ways when they have the ball although the Frenchman IMHO is much more artistic with his roulette's etc for sure Andres is a lot more versatile but i'd still take the Frenchman

ManusXavi

I'm looking forward to the youtube videos of Zidane doing something with the football at the training sessions.

SKS-

Agreed with all points except for Cule's being worried , Barca is a fine oiled machine ..even our attacking trio doesn't match yours which is possibly the best in history due to how they compliment each other
add to that Lucho is seasoned manager , worked with Barca B , Roma & Celta than lead Barca to a triple winning season.. these factors matter..
Zidane probably will lose both the Clasico & the Madrid derby in his way to learn his profession as both teams already managed to beat us with more experienced manager & a much better & on form Ronaldo ... i wouldn't worry this season...for us we finally enjoy watching our team play instead of the 24/7 bore fest of Rafa & his talk about stats which is totally irrelevant of how his team played like shit all over the pitch

I wondered about this a bit when Perez made the decision to bring in Zidane. He spoke as if Zidane is surely ready to lead Madrid to glory sooner rather than later. Whether or not that will happen remains to be seen, but the talent is there. Regardless, I don't think the fans will be so quick to criticize the legend if they drop points against us & ATM. Rather, I think there will be far more pressure on the players to the point where I can see Perez cleaning house with some of the starting XI. On the flip side, Perez has shown to be a "what have you done for me lately" type of president, so it will be intriguing to see how much time he offers Zidane.

barcanuck

All the jokes aside. Pep had same kind of doubt when he took the reigns at Barcelona. Zizous bald head gives me pep vibes. This could turn out really well for real with his persona being as cool as pep. We will see if his tactics are on par but I think this is best possible hire internally by real.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
im talking about current times, and now he IS overhyped and overidolized by many and i'm sure many of those have only seen him in madrid's shirt. a year or two ago saying that iniesta was better than him would've been a blasphemy, and even now only a few dare to claim so, i'm pretty sure this fact alone means that zidane truly IS overhyped. he has this untouchable legend status which is irritating to say the least. in his prime ronaldinho was better than zidane too, but oh this angers some people so much. but yeah, the frenchman is god. better than messi.

Zidane is idolized because he was a captain of the France national team. Zidane came back out of retirement to lead France back into the World Cup when they were failing with Henry.

It isn't about who is better, because Iniesta has a tremendous case to overshadow Zizo but he is shy, did not captain teams with the same popularity Zizo did, and Iniesta was in the shadows of Puyol, Xavi and Messi.

Home of Barca Fans