Camp Nou

Messi983

In this sense, according to what MD was able to learn from sources worthy of all credibility, there is already a date marked in red on the calendar of the Barça board of directors to reopen the Spotify Camp Nou: Sunday, December 15.

The forecast is that 60 percent of the total capacity, which is expected to be 105,000 seats, can be occupied. That's about 63,000 places.

Barça have obtained permission from the Barcelona City Council to extend the opening hours of the Camp Nou works. Since 6 April, work on the stadium has been going on from Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 00:00 p.m., while on Saturdays the schedule is from 10:00 a.m. to 00:00 a.m.

Loki

Work continues to progress: They're already setting up gigantic steel pillars which nearly reach the hight of the second stand.

Xtroverto

Nice, but no chance this is getting close to match playing conditions by end of 2024.
The stadium will remain UC for a long while after the partial opening. All they will do is the bare minimum to meet the legal requirements to allow paying customers inside the structure.

Interior fittings, the 3rd tier and the parking structure will come later. Basically all they will do is install the seats and put in a pitch which can be done mere weeks before the first game.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
What do you mean? According to plan, we still play half the next season there. But I agree, it's been a terrible stadium for us.
Plan I thought was to schedule as many away matches as possible from late Aug to Nov - 8 to 11 matches probably

I hope so anyway because Olympic stadium is poor

Loki

Plan I thought was to schedule as many away matches as possible from late Aug to Nov - 8 to 11 matches probably

I hope so anyway because Olympic stadium is poor
LaLiga granting favours to us? :D
I'm also not that worried about LL, but more about the new CL format, where we'll face more stronger opponents than usually in the group stage.

companyofcules

As I said the Camp Nou is much more modern than Bernabeu.
The 360 led is inferior on Bernabeu and projects only on 4 small pannels.

3 big pannels is better and the light polution on our eyes will be less damaging.
The pitch can be covered too in the future.

Terraces vs the iron curtain is way superior .
The only plus the Bernabeu has is the retractable pitch. But considering how ugly the grass looks it's clear that we should wait another 10-15 years before considering that technology.
It looks like a poor maintained field from some tropical country like India or Brazil.

Messi983

Not surprised but don't like this news. Might be just a few weeks delay and we'll have to play one or two more games at Montjuic so in the bigger picture nothing special but I hate playing there and can't wait to return to Camp Nou.

Home of Barca Fans