CL Quarter Final: PSG - Barca 2-3

MOTM (pick three)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Horatio

You're welcome
Quiet night for Mbappe, eh?

He isn't anywhere near this magical key to UCL as some think he is.

He may be clutch for France, but that's irrelevant for club football.
He will also be clutch for you lot.

He seems in bad headspace at moment. Been clashing with luis enrique. Also our defense did great job.

Alik

Well done to the team for managing to turn the game around after conceding two goals in quick succession. We're only halfway through though. Hope we bring our A game in the second leg.

Making it to the semi finals after so many years would be an awesome step towards rebuilding our reputation in Europe.

companyofcules

What baffled me is the mental naivity of our fans. The one that is commonly available on clap-trap platforms but should be more rare in forums.
Yes, Cancelo is full of himself and impulsive so he can be useless in attack too.
But a more smart crowd will ask how many duels he won 1v1 against Dembele and Barcola? 1? 2?
How many times he lost the ball in dangerous areas? 4-5 times and 1 time produced a yellow for Cubarsi.
How many times he was close to obtain a penalty for PSG?
2 times, one was offside at Mbappe, one was a clear pen for me, clear contact, no ball involved.
Yet the discussions are how he missed some crosses.
No wonder we were humiliated year after year. We are a delusional bunch.
We fucking judge our fullbacks for their contributions in attack vs the best wingers.

companyofcules

By the way Cubarsi was MOTM
had little cover from Cancelo against Dembele, Barcola, Vitinha.
Kounde will be second for me because he faced Mbappe but he was helped by Yamal, Roberto and Aruajo.
Aruajo made a good game.
Raphinha was always available on runs.
FDJ Gundogan mostly won the midfield game
Lewandowski made a very good game for his possibilities
Yamal with very good defensive work and some inspired passes, runs.

Choosing Raphinha over Cubarsi and Kounde can be normal for nkrmal fans but not forums. PSG has a stellar attack and a clown defense so you value less the hard work against the best wingers vs a good work over clowns.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

What baffled me is the mental naivity of our fans. The one that is commonly available on clap-trap platforms but should be more rare in forums.
Yes, Cancelo is full of himself and impulsive so he can be useless in attack too.
But a more smart crowd will ask how many duels he won 1v1 against Dembele and Barcola? 1? 2?
How many times he lost the ball in dangerous areas? 4-5 times and 1 time produced a yellow for Cubarsi.
How many times he was close to obtain a penalty for PSG?
2 times, one was offside at Mbappe, one was a clear pen for me, clear contact, no ball involved.
Yet the discussions are how he missed some crosses.
No wonder we were humiliated year after year. We are a delusional bunch.
We fucking judge our fullbacks for their contributions in attack vs the best wingers.

Good post and not only Dembouz but stole 3 times the ball from Mbappe. Goatcelo should have passed the more to Lewa but otherwise guy is the LB we need :cancelo:

malvolio

Actually MOTM for us was Donnarumma:
1. Comes out poorly on that Yamal cross and gifts Raphinha an open net chance
2. Gives away possession by hoofing it strait to our players, we score on the counter from that
3. Doesn't come out for the cross, Christensen has an easy header to score

Also fucked up before our first goal, but Lewa couldn't score there. I think he made only one save all night, on a Raphinha powerful shot.

companyofcules

Actually MOTM for us was Donnarumma:
1. Comes out poorly on that Yamal cross and gifts Raphinha an open net chance
2. Gives away possession by hoofing it strait to our players, we score on the counter from that
3. Doesn't come out for the cross, Christensen has an easy header to score

Also fucked up before our first goal, but Lewa couldn't score there. I think he made only one save all night, on a Raphinha powerful shot.
He lost his soul for money. He is talented, had two big saves but he was a clown too and arguably he was the best player in our attack. Not alone, we had another one from PSG, can't remember because I was so focused on tracking our defensive efforts.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Genuinely shocked to read this

Hey, at least I scored.

Was genuinely surprised to see the result.
Watching the re-run and happy with the way we played.

There was a moment at 2-1 when PSG hit the bar but team showed a winning character. Something we lacked in those unhappy encounters under Valverde.

Credits to Xavi

Windhook

Fantastic character from the team. I believe Xavi found the optimal formula for this squad, unfortunately at the end of his stint.

Frankly this squad is more deserving to be champions than last year Imhotep's last dance.

Horatio

You're welcome
Fantastic character from the team. I believe Xavi found the optimal formula for this squad, unfortunately at the end of his stint.

Frankly this squad is more deserving to be champions than last year Imhotep's last dance.
Xavi can be convinced to stay me thinks

Home of Barca Fans