CL Quarter Final: PSG - Barca 2-3

MOTM (pick three)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Windhook

Xavi can be convinced to stay me thinks
Could be, but small portion of me believes that. Lucho didn't reverse his decision after the iconic 6-1 PSG victory. Pep left despite the shock and tears from fans worldwide in 2012.

All in all it has not happened before. Can't think of any at all, speaking of modern football history.

P.S. - voted for Raphinha. The goals were priceless.

Loki

Lucho didn't reverse his decision after the iconic 6-1 PSG victory. Pep left despite the shock and tears from fans worldwide in 2012.
I think it was a bit different with them. They decided they wanted something new, especially because both won the treble and from there it can only go down.
Xavi on the other hand decided to leave out of emotions after the Villareal humiliation. I know he said afterwards he decided it earlier, but I think it's a big lie to cover up the unprofessional emotional reaction.
Because just a few days before he talked about the summer and the players also knew nothing. Klopp for example told his players first, then the press. Xavi didn't do it and I don't think he didn't do it because he doesn't respect them, but simply because he wasn't leaving until that game.
So if it was an emotional reaction in the end, there is always the possibility for him to reverse his decision. But I think Xavi wants guarantees that Laporta can give him a competitive team for all 3 trophies.
He just doesn't want to be the responsible guy for Barca's downfall. If he gets a feeling that he can win LaLiga next season and have a decent CL run, he'll stay. The CL run this season is probably a big factor to get a good feeling for next season.

My bet is Xavi stays, if we reach the final.

iniestaGOAT

Fantastic character from the team. I believe Xavi found the optimal formula for this squad, unfortunately at the end of his stint.

Frankly this squad is more deserving to be champions than last year Imhotep's last dance.

This squad is obviously better cause we added the best midfielder in the world

GUNDOGAN.

feggydinho

By the way Cubarsi was MOTM
had little cover from Cancelo against Dembele, Barcola, Vitinha.
Kounde will be second for me because he faced Mbappe but he was helped by Yamal, Roberto and Aruajo.
Aruajo made a good game.
Raphinha was always available on runs.
FDJ Gundogan mostly won the midfield game
Lewandowski made a very good game for his possibilities
Yamal with very good defensive work and some inspired passes, runs.

Choosing Raphinha over Cubarsi and Kounde can be normal for nkrmal fans but not forums. PSG has a stellar attack and a clown defense so you value less the hard work against the best wingers vs a good work over clowns.
Cubarsi didn't have little but major cover, Cancelo and Raphinha were almost always around Dembele making tackles. They did a solid job, and Vitinha was PSG's best player IMO

Loki

We can always make fun of him after the 2nd leg, if he stays invisible. So far he still has the chance to hurt us.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
GK01XfmaIAA65Hq

serghei

Fantastic character from the team. I believe Xavi found the optimal formula for this squad, unfortunately at the end of his stint.

Frankly this squad is more deserving to be champions than last year Imhotep's last dance.

I agree, but the problems in defense in the first half of the season killed our chances for repeating the title.

Richard.H

We can always make fun of him after the 2nd leg, if he stays invisible. So far he still has the chance to hurt us.
Agreed, which is the most concerning thing for the 2nd leg. If he decides to be like France NT Mbappe, then our backline will be VERY busy.

Home of Barca Fans