CL Round of 16: Barca - Napoli 3-1

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Messi983

Barca is already the meme club of them all for almost a whole decade now. There is no need to add to that. When we thought it couldn't get worse than Roma, PSG, or Bayern we got batterings in Europe fucking League too.

There is absolutely zero chance of Barca winning this CL and the best outcome imo would be a narrow loss vs Napli at home. We today cannot compete.

Who is talking about winning the CL? I want to go as far as we can. Prefering to lose against Napoli because we are affraid what might happen next is just stupid and actually continues losing mentality we want to get rid off.

Nothing can beat the 8-2 beating of our beloved amigos. I'll give this team benefit of the doubt until proven wrong.

Temptation

Way bigger, sadly, Barca has become the definition of a meme club.
The most entitled fanbase in the world.

You literally won the league last season. You'll finish this season as 2nd in LL.

Barca have been embarassing in Europe but you'll easily do better in Europe with a better manager.

It's not the end of the world. You have amazing young talent and a great squad. Just need a manager to fix things.

If Barca play well, they win the league. If Barca don't play well, they finish second. It's a very privileged position to be in as a fan.

If Barca get humiliated in the QF/Semis then so be it. But Barca desperately need the W against Napoli.

FC B

With fans who want us to lose in Europe, no wonder.
Yeah, you are right, we are 2009-2011 Barca and fans want the club to lose in Europe because we are just too good and it's so unfair.

In reality Barca became a joke of a club and some fans are quite tired of that shit and since losing has become a certainty nowadays, better lose decently than to suffer another historic humiliation in Europe. Some of us aren't sadomasochistic, you know.

FC B

The most entitled fanbase in the world.

You literally won the league last season. You'll finish this season as 2nd in LL.

Barca have been embarassing in Europe but you'll easily do better in Europe with a better manager.

It's not the end of the world. You have amazing young talent and a great squad. Just need a manager to fix things.

If Barca play well, they win the league. If Barca don't play well, they finish second. It's a very privileged position to be as a fan.

If Barca get humiliated in the QF/Semis then so be it. But Barca desperately need the W against Napoli.
No, this is about european displays, as a matter fact, for the past two seasons Barca was not even Europa League level of a team. Come on.

Porque

The more we win and progress, the better financial state we leave the club in for Xavi successor.

I understand that when we got pumped 8-2 by Bayern, and when we were down 3-0 at home after 30 minutes against Frankfurt, that on both occasions we had knocked out Napoli prior.

But still, I would never watch us wanting to lose just to save from a big defeat in the future. In the words of Winnie Pooh "but what if it doesn't?"

FC B

Who is talking about winning the CL? I want to go as far as we can. Prefering to lose against Napoli because we are affraid what might happen next is just stupid and actually continues losing mentality we want to get rid off.

Nothing can beat the 8-2 beating of our beloved amigos. I'll give this team benefit of the doubt until proven wrong.
Oh it can, it can be mighty Arsenal or even Madrid to humiliate current Barca in a similar fashion.
You guys are delusional, Barca cannot even compete in fucking Europa League and you hope to do exaclty what in CL? Beat the likes of City, Arsenal or Madrid in the next round, right? :lol:

FC B

The more we win and progress, the better financial state we leave the club in for Xavi successor.

I understand that when we got pumped 8-2 by Bayern, and when we were down 3-0 at home after 30 minutes against Frankfurt, that on both occasions we had knocked out Napoli prior.

But still, I would never watch us wanting to lose just to save from a big defeat in the future. In the words of Winnie Pooh "but what if it doesn't?"
It's not only saving from a big defeat, this team plays pure shit football for so long and there is absolutely nothing to hope for in CL atm.

Temptation

No, this is about european displays, as a matter fact, for the past two seasons Barca was not even Europa League level of a team. Come on.
You're contradicting yourself.

You are disappointed with Barca in Europe? Fair enough.

You should be the first person to want a victory against Napoli in Europe.

Apart from the funds, you get to reach the CL QF.

What if you get an easier beatable opponent like Dortmund? You're in a CL semi final! Anything can happen after that. All about luck and performance on the day.

A CL semi final run will be a great outcome for current Barca.

FC B

You're contradicting yourself.

You are disappointed with Barca in Europe? Fair enough.

You should be the first person to want a victory against Napoli in Europe.

Apart from the funds, you get to reach the CL QF.

What if you get an easier beatable opponent like Dortmund? You're in a CL semi final! Anything can happen after that. All about luck and performance on the day.

A CL semi final run will be a great outcome for current Barca.
On the other side, such scenario would be detrimental to the club. Laporta and co would very likely asking and pressing Xavi to continue for at least one more season since he got into the CL semis and potentially finished 2nd in the league. Xavi on the bench isn't good for the club, pretty much everybody saw it.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

In 2021 nobody would have expected Chelsea could win cl. Like Temp said in quarter final a oppenent like Dortmund and suddenly semi final is possible.

You have to think step by step.

Joan

On the other side, such scenario would be detrimental to the club. Laporta and co would very likely asking and pressing Xavi to continue for at least one more season since he got into the CL semis and potentially finished 2nd in the league. Xavi on the bench isn't good for the club, pretty much everybody saw it.
You want to save the club from itself by losing out to Napoli in the CL and missing the QF. Sit back, sip some wine, and enjoy the win.

And change that avatar.

FC B

You want to save the club from itself by losing out to Napoli in the CL and missing the QF. Sit back, sip some wine, and enjoy the win.

And change that avatar.
Well, I can't wait to meet you here if they get past Napoli and get yet another rape in the next round to the likes of Madrid, Arsenal, City, Bayern or even a Frankfurt level of a team :lol:

Joan

Well, I can't wait to meet you here if they get past Napoli and get yet another rape in the next round to the likes of Madrid, Arsenal, City, Bayern or even a Frankfurt level of a team :lol:
What do you think will happen? I’ll still be happy we went out in the QF and not before.

Porque

It's not only saving from a big defeat, this team plays pure shit football for so long and there is absolutely nothing to hope for in CL atm.

I get you. If we progress I'd personally rank us at 7/8 in the Quarter's draw dependent on whether Porto or PSV can progress.

Dortmund is a side we should easily be better than too, but I have doubts if Xavi himself can overcome them.

So yeah, we play shite, and our manager has shown no ability in Knockout football from Al Sadd to All Sad in Barcelona.

But still, we're fans and hope dies last. And if we do sneak a favourible draw and reach the Semi like a bang average Milan managed last season, a bang average Villarreal the year before, an average City before that (you see where I am going) then atleast we get the financial windfall of the World Club Championship qualification.

Home of Barca Fans