CL Round of 16: Barca - Napoli 3-1

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

What's the point of supporting a club that you want to lose? If I ever felt that way, even for a second, I would stop supporting Barca that very second and even then I would have waited too long.

It's like being married to a woman you hate. At least then you have things keeping you attached like shared belongings, kids, family, legal paperwork. Emotionally attaching yourself to something you treat so negatively is pure insanity.

I hope they win and if we get to the quarters I will again hope they win, whilst knowing full well there is a very small chance of it.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Being among top 8 clubs will be a good result if we can make it past Napoli.

I am not as confident about progressing though. Bookies are mistaken imo.

L3v1s

Very hard to get the win with no midfield basically.. I see Napoli as slightly favourites, but I hope they find a way. I want to see as many Champions League matches as possible, and given the last years results, it's time to see this club in the quarter finals even if they play like crap.

CatalinR10

2.95 for Napoli to go through.

birdman-hand-rub.gif

Kul_z

Lets fucking go. Hopefully we advance and then whatever happens. It would be hard without fdj, pedri, gavi tho. Lets hope xavi gets his lineup straight and we manage to score 1, or 2 goals before napoli figures us out.

FC B

What's the point of supporting a club that you want to lose? If I ever felt that way, even for a second, I would stop supporting Barca that very second and even then I would have waited too long.

It's like being married to a woman you hate. At least then you have things keeping you attached like shared belongings, kids, family, legal paperwork. Emotionally attaching yourself to something you treat so negatively is pure insanity.

I hope they win and if we get to the quarters I will again hope they win, whilst knowing full well there is a very small chance of it.
One may want to lose less since losing is almost a compulsory condition for the club nowadays. I mean, today, they stand no chance vs. top dogs in CL.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

One may want to lose less since losing is almost a compulsory condition for the club nowadays. I mean, today, they stand no chance vs. top dogs in CL.

You do you bro. I've no doubt your a fan.

You just have to understand if you are hoping the team lose to avoid humiliation and then they win. And then avoid humiliation in the quarters and actually progress to the semis and you are still pissed off because you think that means they will extend Xavi for another season ( even though there is no chance of that actually happening ).

Then you are not really leaving yourself any possibility of a positive emotional outcome for yourself and it is unsurprising then that supporting Barca is making you feel malevolent towards Barca.

Which isn't something I personally would ever sign up for.

Horatio

You're welcome
You do you bro. I've no doubt your a fan.

You just have to understand if you are hoping the team lose to avoid humiliation and then they win. And then avoid humiliation in the quarters and actually progress to the semis and you are still pissed off because you think that means they will extend Xavi for another season ( even though there is no chance of that actually happening ).

Then you are not really leaving yourself any possibility of a positive emotional outcome for yourself and it is unsurprising then that supporting Barca is making you feel malevolent towards Barca.

Which isn't something I personally would ever sign up for.
wise words

Home of Barca Fans