La Liga | Round 21: FC Barcelona - Rayo Vallecano 0-1

Masetro10

Barca without Pedri has only won 31 out of 63 total points this year. With Pedri 32 out of 36.

We need Pedri to win.

FDJ- I would sell hom to Man U and Ten Haag so fast and use that money to help fix the team. He is a worker type midfielder. We don't need those types. We need creative players that can slice through teams that all employ the exact same Low Block tactics.

Traore/Dembele just run around kicking the ball into the middle and offering 0 scoring threat. 2 goal all year combined from them. Let them go and get a winger that can score please. Maybe run Ferran Right Wing and put Ansu Left at least Ferran can sometimes score.

Aubameyang isn't really an issue besides teams just crowding him in the low block where he can't succeed. He is the only threat so of course they will do that.

Ferran- Not really good lately I imagine he is tired from playing 30 games back to back. I really see him succeeding long term regardless if what people say now.

Gavi- 17 and has a ton of heart but kind of just runs around and never really offers any key passes or genuine threat. He comes close to scoring a lot but never actually does.

Busquets- Probably the only reliable player that I can count on lately. Still plays with class and I know what to expect. He is fine.

Dest is trash
Lenglet is soon to be gone
Garcia is probably not big enough to cover his weaknesses long term.
Alba- Typical play from him nothing too great or too bad today.

Basically every team is running the low block against us and we help them out by letting their 1 shot all game be a goal. That cannot happen. If teams are going to not even try to score you have to at least cover the 1 or 2 players that are their only outlets. We have to figure out how to kill the low block. I don't think we have the players for it yet personally.

Wizzbar

New signing
Let me quote myself from few days ago..." And what kind of mentality is that, when 90+ percent of all Barca fans KNOW it's gonna be fucking drama every time we face Levante, Cadiz, Alaves or any of those "no name" teams (respect) Whose job is to fix that sick mentality if not yours???" Of course, this was addressed to Xavi...And again...Plus, I'm gonna repeat again, Garcia, Torres, Alba and Busquets...I would sooo LOVE to not see them ever again and don't give shit about any moron on this forum who think I "need medicine" for saying that again and again. Maybe, someday people realize how much we will gain if they are not here anymore

Last edited:

Devils

Genuinely stunned at what I've witnessed since Frankfurt.

The only hope I have for the future of this club are Pedri, Gavi, Araujo and possibly Ansu (if he stays healthy).

Everyone else a total disaster.

I mean we spent 150m on Frenkie De Jong and Ferran Torres. Nightmare stuff.

FinBarcelonafan

Genuinely stunned at what I've witnessed since Frankfurt.

The only hope I have for the future of this club are Pedri, Gavi, Araujo and possibly Ansu (if he stays healthy).

Everyone else a total disaster.

I mean we spent 150m on Frenkie De Jong and Ferran Torres. Nightmare stuff.

If we sell Frenkie this summer we can recover the price we paid for him. Might be the best option.

Sooke

As "Devils" has said it above, the players we must keep are Araujo, Gavi, Pedri, A.Fati and maybe L. de Jong as a sub. All other are useless and over-paid. I have been repeatedly writing here that the quality of our roster is very, very low. It's been like that since Valverde took over and four coaches later, we have not improved that. Till recently, we did not have salary room to sign new and quality players. Things has been changed lately. Thanks to the big loans Laporta got last year, we can now afford to sign players like Haaland, Christensen, Mazraui and Kessie. And I am sure, this summer we will be very active on the transfer market. But, here is one big BUT... Xavi is very inexperienced as a coach. One thing is to win trophies with Al Sadd in Qatar, totally different to do it with Barcelona in La Liga and the CL. Xavi's obsession with ball possession and endless passing will continue, because that is what he has played as a player and that is what he knows. We need different type of coach who can build a new, modern style and system. Even with above mentioned world class players, Xaxi won't be able to achieve anything. He is an old school dude and the result of his " playing style" ( I don't see any ) is visible on the field after each game.

FinBarcelonafan

I'm very worried about anyone Xavi signs now. Very bad feeling about this.

If he goes for another Spaniard.. it's lost cause.

He thinks anyone who plays for Spanish national team is good. Don't be fooled by shitty international level.

Depay kills international games, yet we see he is not great by any means.

Too many Andorra's, Gibraltar's in Europe. Heck even Finland makes it to Euro nowadays and we have max one PL player.

utility73

It was not a good game, but still very unlucky regarding the result.
Could still easily have won it, also got robbed by the inferior referee: Two penalties not given (Gavi was not offside, btw)

FinBarcelonafan

It was not a good game, but still very unlucky regarding the result.
Could still easily have won it, also got robbed by the inferior referee: Two penalties not given (Gavi was not offside, btw)

yeah, Ref was absolute trash, nothing changes that, but it is LaLiga..

Wizzbar

New signing
Please, just don't talk abou referee. They had 103 minutes to score against Rayo and they didn't. Period

Home of Barca Fans