La Liga | Round 21: FC Barcelona - Rayo Vallecano 0-1

FinBarcelonafan

Please, just don't talk abou referee. They had 103 minutes to score against Rayo and they did't. Period

It's not only ref obviously but watch game of Barca and Madrid. The decisions are like day and night. It's disgusting.

Imo, Barca has been shite since the National team break. We deserved to lose most of our games. Yesterday deserved probably point.

Gaudi

That was a clear pen in my book, but we again lost speed and tempo. We started showing some pace in the game and we are now back to square one. No movement, no attacking movement, no box attacking from the deep and that all equals few clear chances and constant threat that eventually breaks the defence.
Don't understand why this happened though, mental thing?

JamDav1982

Stop trying to fucking reinvent the wheel.

Play a simple formation that has been proven to work and get players in that suit their positions and have basics of technical ability, pace, power etc where needed.

Said it a thousand times but Klopp plays some of the most simple football going on face of it but he excels in picking the right plyers, giving nothing up for any player and being the man in full power.

Would rather play 352 again than the shite of last few games let alone a simple 433 where full backs get forward, combine with wide players etc and a midfield that as a three seek ball to dominate it.

The pitch is not Xavis chess board where he want to restrict players to certain areas where can see through pre determined patterns of play... largely through getting wide men free and crossing into the box.

Teams have got wise to it and Elche I think was about first to do it and rest followed suit since then.

Last edited:

Co0ter

That was a clear pen in my book, but we again lost speed and tempo. We started showing some pace in the game and we are now back to square one. No movement, no attacking movement, no box attacking from the deep and that all equals few clear chances and constant threat that eventually breaks the defence.

We've also conceded early lately, allowing teams to then comfortably park the bus against us the rest of the game. Combine that with Xavi's awful tactics and these types of performances is what you get.

serghei

Probably a mix of many varied factors. Some really average players in defense and in goal (Pique is our best CB by far - which is kind of sad in itself because he's not that great - and the less said about Ter Freeze the better), some poor tactics by Xavi, the club's terrible financial situation having to rely on loanees who probably know they are here short term and don't give everything as a result, poor fan support on Camp Nou, clownish refereeing, bad luck hitting the post twice and missing other clear chances and so on.

ajnotkeith

Can we stop blaming the refs? There was an offside in the build up that's why he didn't give a pen. They added 11 minutes for us to score and we couldn't.

It is defeatist behaviour to blame refs as a reason we are losing, especially based on examples which aren't even true. We have gotten plenty of refereeing luck this season too. That's usually how it works.

Rayo and Cadiz are far inferior sides in quality and we shouldn't rely on refs to beat them.

Last edited:

Iniesta Ultra

The brilliant assist Rayo made yesterday I can't see any of our current midfield starters making at all. And the only player I see making similar finish is Auba.

Joan

Can we stop blaming the refs? There was an offside in the build up that's why he didn't give a pen. They added 11 minutes for us to score and we couldn't.

It is defeatist behaviour to blame refs as a reason we are losing, especially based on examples which aren't even true. We have gotten plenty of refereeing luck this season too. That's usually how it works.

Rayo and Cadiz are far inferior sides in quality and we shouldn't rely on refs to beat them.

Can you show us that offside? Because from what I have seen, it's not true. 11 mins was the bare minimum, Rayo started wasting time right after the goal.

It's not bad refereeing why Barca lost but it's fine to point it out. That's just poor quality, no matter which way directions go.

serghei

The foul on Gavi, the 2nd one, was a stonewall penalty.

There was no VAR replay showing the offside the way it's done. Based on this replay it's not offside.

Capture.png

ajnotkeith

The foul on Gavi, the 2nd one, was a stonewall penalty.

There was no VAR replay showing the offside the way it's done. Based on this replay it's not offside.

Capture.png
Looks off.

Also, exact same foul yesterday wasn't given for Everton either. Just bc the hands go up doesn't mean ref will give it every time, watch the replay, Gavi goes flying as if he got hit by a truck.

Home of Barca Fans