1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
do folk on here not expect footballers to be normal people in their freetime that have self deprecating interactions with the boys?

We also expect him to save some shots in European competition alas we don't always get what we want.

M3ls

They say that they want to extend the contract with him. It can be extended, but with a decrease in salary, otherwise let it fall. Yes, he was good in La Liga last season, which cannot be said about cup tournaments. Plus, for the past few years, he has played at a very low level, although he received a huge salary. Therefore, either we throw out the German, or we extend it with a lower salary. The days of Bartomeu are over.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If they offer him a new contract I hope it's nothing more than a max two year contract which is what we should offer players over 30 anyway.

Two years or two years + optional third.

khaled_a_d

If they offer him a new contract I hope it's nothing more than a max two year contract which is what we should offer players over 30 anyway.

Two years or two years + optional third.

3 extra years, to already 2 years he has.
It is a long term commitment, he will be 35 in hos last season.
I don't have the data to support it, but always felt that short GK (shorter than 1.9m) don't last long in their prime. Stegen injury history is scary too.

Porque

giphy.gif

FC Deferrals is back baybay!

Porque

Club never learns. Laporta and co come in talking shit (rightly) about the Bartomeu inverse contracts which get bigger as the player ages and their sporting level decreases, say they will never do the same... and then go and do the same.

Rather than put in the market a starter with some market value that won't decrease the leve too much with a replacement (Stegen himself, Gavi, Araujo/Christensen/Kounde) to get some liquidity to improve immediate concerns and then get a cheaper replacement we instead try to keep up with the Jones, and kick the buck further down the road.

Only saving grace is that Stegs is a goalkeeper who doesn't rely on his physical abilities, so barring a big injury and becoming another Umtiti, his level should be decent enough even as he enters wage spike territory.

vuji_31

It is not same giving contract renewal to MATS and 33 years old Busi and Alba.

Also he is on much lower wages.

But agree, at some point we need to cut this shit, and sell someone.

Gavi or Christensen are my choices because they can be replaced and they come here for free.

Home of Barca Fans