1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Loki

Well that is another problem which is not connected with football.

Austrian painter would due from hart attack.

Football wise, Havertz as captain is embarssing.
Although most think about his skin color first, for me the worst thing making him captain of the Germany nationalteam is, that he doesn't represent values, neither as a fair athlete, nor Germany's values as a western democratic country and everything that comes with it.
He ridicules his opponents, he plays dirty when he has too, provoking reactions and cards. He openly supports Islam in a delicate time, where it tries to overtake western laws and order in Europe.
That's not someone, who sould be Germany's captain.

Andresito

Staff member
Why the hell does he have a contract until 2028 lmao. Only Pau Victor and Olmo have longer lasting contracts.

khaled_a_d

Why the hell does he have a contract until 2028 lmao. Only Pau Victor and Olmo have longer lasting contracts.

And Roque.
But soon the 2026 patch will negotiate renewals and MATS won't be top longest 6 or even 10 contracts.
MATS renewed in 2023 and lowered his salary (probably redistributed some) so 5 years was expected.
tbf, he will be 35 during most of his last season. That isn't bad.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

The 32-year-old commented on a possible return to the Bundesliga, which he left for Barcelona in the summer of 2014: “I still have a relatively long contract with my club. I'm very happy and my family is very happy in Catalonia. We're just looking forward to the season because we've started with a sense of anticipation. You can tell that we've made a great start. It's good for me to pay attention to the here and now, to focus on it. You never know what will happen in the future. I don't know whether Germany will be a footballing goal for me again. We'll see. But basically, I'm very, very happy at the moment with my contractual situation and with the club I'm currently at and have been at for more than a decade.
Things are going very well under the former DFB coach.He has a very clear idea of what he wants, what he expects from us and from me.I think it's also great for him that the start has been so successful.You can't always really predict that, so I'm also very happy for him.But we definitely can't rest on our laurels.We have a good, very, very young team.We simply have to lead this team - whether it's Lewy, me, Jules or Rapha.Hansi is a guy who is very honest and has a very clear opinion.I think that helps us on our way,” says the keeper.''

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Why, oh why, the club does think certain players don't need competition?
Getting a solid gk as a backup isn't costly at all and it's essential for such an important role in the team.

MontenegrinCuler

Although most think about his skin color first, for me the worst thing making him captain of the Germany nationalteam is, that he doesn't represent values, neither as a fair athlete, nor Germany's values as a western democratic country and everything that comes with it.
He ridicules his opponents, he plays dirty when he has too, provoking reactions and cards. He openly supports Islam in a delicate time, where it tries to overtake western laws and order in Europe.
That's not someone, who sould be Germany's captain.
Football wise Rudi is probably the best option for captain around there. He really isn't the dirty scumbag you described him to be, and in Real Madrid he actually helps the youngsters a lot and serves as a prime example of mature professional both on and off the pitch. I'm very surprised he isn't the 1st captain but I don't know Kimmich so much, he's probably a good leader too.

Invoving traditional german values into football is not a good idea btw. If it was for "german values" a muslim black guy like him wouldn't even be considered for national team. German values have been abandoned a very long time ago. He's not trying to destroy nobody, he's there to play football and Germans let him do that. Nothing wrong with Rudiger being one of the captains.

Home of Barca Fans