1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

khaled_a_d

Would be funny if another German GK popped up before the WC 2026.

I doubt someone can establish himself so quickly with NT tbh, NT coaches tens to be loyal to their no1 and don't change it easily.
It will take some De Gea level of performances for MATS to lose the spot, not just a new GK to pop up.

people forget that Neuer was supposed to be 3rd GK for Germany in 2010 but Enke's death and Adler injury were the reasons he became no1

JamDav1982

His passing was absolutely brilliant tonight.

Helped team avoid the press a lot.

Him Cubarsi and Inigo are about the best CB/GK trio on ball will see in years and years.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

As mentioned by Jammy, I don't think there's a keeper on the planet, not named Ederson, that can pass the ball like he did today.

It's just a shame that the club put such a high value on that, that they allow it to cover up the distinctly average shot stopping that he has displayed for a while.

I just don't think other clubs evaluate goalkeepers the way we do. We place far too much emphasis on what a keeper can do with his feet, rather than what he does with his hands.

Masetro10

As mentioned by Jammy, I don't think there's a keeper on the planet, not named Ederson, that can pass the ball like he did today.

It's just a shame that the club put such a high value on that, that they allow it to cover up the distinctly average shot stopping that he has displayed for a while.

I just don't think other clubs evaluate goalkeepers the way we do. We place far too much emphasis on what a keeper can do with his feet, rather than what he does with his hands.
To be fair it's basically planned this way. Victor Valdes was the exact same type of player except worse.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Actually very solid game. Could have done better on that penalty. But some of his distribution was fantastic. I remember that one long ball to someone on the forward line while in pressure creating a very good scoring opportunity.

Alik

tumblr_ncucomnq6u1qz9wlpo1_250.gif

Home of Barca Fans