1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Sailor Mars

Sorry, I meant the second one. The long shot. It was at the center of the goal. Him being short and slow prevents him from saving it.

I haven't looked at it again, but it did seem the ball rose up a little after taking a slight deflection off Araujo's foot. But regardless of if it took a deflection or not, its not really something I consider a weak goal or fully blame the keeper for.

raedkuwait

I haven't looked at it again, but it did seem the ball rose up a little after taking a slight deflection off Araujo's foot. But regardless of if it took a deflection or not, its not really something I consider a weak goal or fully blame the keeper for.

Your looking at what we mean wrong, even if it was
Not the keepers fault and he is not to blame for
It, but and that's a big but, many keepers would
Have saved that shot.

Sailor Mars

Your looking at what we mean wrong, even if it was
Not the keepers fault and he is not to blame for
It, but and that's a big but, many keepers would
Have saved that shot.

While I admire your poetry verses, I don't think that is a standard shot that every top keeper saves. Some would, some wouldn't.

Too much blame directed towards the keeper for not bailing out the rest of the team. For a while, Frankfurt were looking more likely to get their 4th of the game while Barca were struggling to look even sniff their 1st.

Laplacian

This is in my opinion the worst goal he's ever conceded.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/YDjGNsk9b00

At this point it isn't even about skill and talent, it's about discipline and paying the fuck attention during a CHAMPION'S LEAGUE SEMI FINAL MATCH. Fucking embarrassing. Complete fucking idiot. Instead of organizing the defense like an actual keeper and telling them to stay on it, he's busy lounging in the box like a retard.

Worst goal I've ever witnessed live.

Will never get over this especially since we were so close to another final after 4 years of embarrassment.

I have no idea how he wasn't immediately sold off after this match. This was 3 years ago.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
New GK rule for club: 6'4" at least and reactions faster than an old granny that has just taken her last sleeping pill for the night :cheers:

Barcilliant

I've wanted to get rid of this guy for five years now. He's done and dusted. He gets off light and I don't understand how. The media crucifies other keepers but somehow this guy never gets any negative press. He's too comfortable and complacent here and always looks to blame the defense.

raedkuwait

This club has become a plastic club, with so many useless player, this worst keeper I have ever seen in my life should have been gone 5 years ago, yet he is still here earning shit loads of money.

Barcilliant

This club has become a plastic club, with so many useless player, this worst keeper I have ever seen in my life should have been gone 5 years ago, yet he is still here earning shit loads of money.

I agree. We're like PSG without the money. There seems to be no backbone in the club. Whether it's local fans, board or players everything seems weak. Fucking hell.

Neeraj

It's difficult for the mass media and supporters to judge keepers. It normally takes a flashy save or a comedic error for them to lean either way. When you have goals like the Frankfurt second goal, which is not an obvious error as such, people don't tend to focus on the keeper much.

Thing is, while the lay-man may not see it, you have a wealth of analysts, keeping coaches, etc. around the club who can and should be noticing this. How a keeper who has not saved us in any big games for years now is never questioned is beyond me. He makes one or two of those handball saves in 1v1 situations where the ball hits him and people go crazy about how good he is.

Which other position would this be okay? Where you don't show up in any big game? While it's not the keepers job to pull out miracles game after game, you expect a top keeper to be an integral part of making it difficult to score against you, and be making top saves regularly. MATS is just fooling everyone into being his biggest supporter, it's pretty amazing.

Home of Barca Fans