1 - Marc-Andre ter Stegen

MontenegrinCuler

Barcelona will be FAR better off long term.

Although there might be a pain period until January or summer and that is only because Pena is a himself a poor keeper.

Sometimes the ugly way ends up being the best thing for the club. They were never going to sell him because he is a darling of the management and no top club would ever buy him. He also has a contract until 2028 so either Barca was going to endure these amateur mistakes (that were 100x amplified in the CL) for another 4 years AT LEAST as this guy played the politics game at the club and made sure no decent back-up keeper could be on the bench at this club.

The ugly way was the only way he was going out and now the club will be forced to act.

I'm delighted Barca will be moving forward.
Agree with everything here but until January there is definitely going to be a pain period with Pena on GK. I have zero trust in Pena and sincerely hope the board doesn't either.

Would've been much better if he stayed until January then we got a new GK as his competition. Not to have him out whole season and get some new GK with Pena as his backup.

His injury sucks, I can't take it in a positive way considering the effect it might have for this season. In the long term though, it might be a good thing for everybody involved.

soul24rage

Keylor is exactly the type of keeper we don't need. Being a shorter keeper, he relied on his athleticisim/agility/acrobatic ability when he was younger. Now he is useless.
We have no other alternative.

It's either rely on Pena, which I don't want, or go for a free agent GK now and Navas is the best option.

FC B

Barcelona will be FAR better off long term.

Although there might be a pain period until January or summer and that is only because Pena is a himself a poor keeper.

Sometimes the ugly way ends up being the best thing for the club. They were never going to sell him because he is a darling of the management and no top club would ever buy him. He also has a contract until 2028 so either Barca was going to endure these amateur mistakes (that were 100x amplified in the CL) for another 4 years AT LEAST as this guy played the politics game at the club and made sure no decent back-up keeper could be on the bench at this club.

The ugly way was the only way he was going out and now the club will be forced to act.

I'm delighted Barca will be moving forward.

I wish I could share your optimism on the matter but can't.

I suspect they may still not want him out not even after such an injury and after missing the rest of the current season.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Yes.
But iirc, and I hope someone fact check this, it can't be from Liga clubs, after the Braithwaite deal. It might be only about release clause though.
It used to be only from clubs from the spanish pyramid. There are reports the rule was canceled in 2020.

But it might be different for goalkeepers since any club should have at least 2 GKs registered and we only have one available. But if Astralaga and Kochen are registered maybe we can't sign anyone

FC B

Keylor is exactly the type of keeper we don't need. Being a shorter keeper, he relied on his athleticisim/agility/acrobatic ability when he was younger. Now he is useless.

Would worth a try since he'll come on a free, he has great experience and was a top keeper for a good part of his career, at least until a good young keeper can be brought at the club with all the economical shit they are into.

MontenegrinCuler

It used to be only from clubs from the spanish pyramid. There are reports the rule was canceled in 2020.

But it might be different for goalkeepers since any club should have at least 2 GKs registered and we only have one available. But if Astralaga and Kochen are registered maybe we can't sign anyone
Kochen is injured, Astralaga is Barca Atletic keeper. I think we can work it out in the court to convince them we got just 1 GK.

khaled_a_d

They are B team players and Kochen is injured for the next month.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Kochen is injured, Astralaga is Barca Atletic keeper. I think we can work it out in the court to convince them we got just 1 GK.
Even if WE do, can other teams sell/release their players? And who would part with their main keeper one month into the season lol? Some people are still high on that we got ride of Stegen, but this isn't the way I wanted it to play out and we're in deep shit at least until January...

Raketa10

We are officially cursed! I seriously can't believe this shit!

However, Navas is available a# a free agent. I would seriously consider him as a short term solution until the end of the season.

Porque

He looked like he was going to cry before the injury took place.

I made a joke comment about it in the match chat.

I wonder if he was feeling something or was off and he played through.

Home of Barca Fans