1 - Victor Valdes

X

xaviniesta

Jose Luis Chilavert

"For me, Valdes is the best in the world,"

"When Barca need calm, he transmits that. He also has great capacity and handling."

"Maradona knows nothing about football," he added. "Footballers have to look after themselves and not get into drugs.

:worthy:

khorne

nice video. i think VV's response is the best one though. that is to say, he doesn't respond at all and continues to being awesome

B

beautifulgame

Weird of Maradona to call the best keeper in the world 'bad.'

Anyway, Chilavert (the legend) knows whats up.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Both Maradona and Pele are basically idiots tbh.

On one hand you can't blame them. They came from nothing, all they ever did was play the game and then try to not go bankrupt afterwards. It's a mixture of natural ability and playing tons of streetball as a kid, neither of which qualifies you as to analogize the game, whether it be as a coach or a media type. There's a reason neither of them has held down a real job besides marketing themselves for very long.

Maradona tends to be a little more with it, as he's younger and better connected to modern football than Pele (who really hasn't had any real work within the game besides being a FIFA figurehead in decades), but neither have shown any aptitude for understanding the game beyond their own skillsets. Two sides of the same coin really.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Great players are usually clueless about football.

There is a massive difference between being great in football in the immanent sense, and understanding football on an abstract level.

I can't wait to hear what Messi has to say when he a 60 year old fuck.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Messi is a boring, middle class kid. Unlike the two old men he had a happy childhood besides being a midget, he doesn't have the same fear of falling back from where he came that defines Maradona and Pele. He doesn't even have that old school military assertiveness that his fellow middle class Argentine homeboy Di Stefano has. When he retires Messi will probably be a walking press release.

If there's any scandal it will be something stupid like trying to form his own psychedelic rock band.

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
220px-Hero_poster.jpg

FF_raves_heroes1_f.jpg

Home of Barca Fans