1 - Victor Valdes

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

What about Courtois from Chelsea loaned to Atletico? I like him a lot.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Btw. Wonder who will buy Valdes now that he's on the market (all top cubs have better goalies already) and how much can we expect to get.
Have a feeling this will end as disappointment for Valdes as much as he disappointed the board and the fans.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Not sure Guaita is a Barcelona caliber keeper to start...Is Diego Alves really an option?...Ter Stegen is the popular young keeper mentioned a lot but he is young and would be making an adjustment to a new style, league & country...Not an easy transition to make and Barcelona will need someone who can step up quicker

I think it'll have to be a veteran keeper or perhaps go young to play behind Pinto initially?

impeh

Hi, its me..
might need to make a Guaita thread :lol: i know nothing about him.

Wish Valdes the best though :worthy: a couple of dodgy moments now and again but hes saved us countless times in big matches.

XxBradKennedyxX

Lloris has been a great sweeper keeper for us this season, he'd be a good option, it will be either guaita or de gea I think. Will be weird not having valdes though.

Mr Hulot

I didn't know we have so many Bundesliga aficionados here... I am guessing that you watch Borussia Moenchegladbach week in-week out to talk about Ter Stegen's ability... :pep:

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

Btw. Wonder who will buy Valdes now that he's on the market (all top cubs have better goalies already) and how much can we expect to get.
Have a feeling this will end as disappointment for Valdes as much as he disappointed the board and the fans.

I don´t think that Valdés is highly rated abroad.

Ursegor

World Champion

Would be hilarious if no one showed interest in Valdes now. Which is very likely. Not even PSG need him.

Pepe Silvia

just read back a page and i'm shocked. i can't even start thinking about a replacement before mourning some. this guy is going to be hard to replace if this materializes.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

just read back a page and i'm shocked. i can't even start thinking about a replacement before mourning some. this guy is going to be hard to replace if this materializes.

No, it´s not. It´s gonna be hard to replace Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets or Messi. Not Valdés. Just my 2 cents

Mr Hulot

We will have him for at least six months!
Anyway that is very sad news..I was thinking the other day that Valdes would retire as the player with the most apperances as barca player, ahead of Xavi. That's how big part of our success VV has been.
I guess that Valdes just like Pep cannot deal with the pressure that well..

Pepe Silvia

@messi_xavi_iniesta:

i disagree. at his best, valdes has saved our asses many a time. he has also made some stupid mistakes, but then again what world class keeper hasn't? think champions league. manchester united. regular keepers crumble. he stepped up.

F

Flavia

I'm not surprised, but I don't like this one bit... He had the occasional brain fart, but he is a great gk. For this kind of bold statement, he probably has had some contact already, imo. Maybe some russian club wanting to splash, who knows. I hope it's the case, and they pay some good money for him.

Garrus

We need to buy a replacement now, Before the winter market is over, Who ever comes will need to adapt to style and it will take some time, Waiting until summer will hurt us.

Home of Barca Fans