1 - Victor Valdes

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
What a week! First Pep to Bayern, then Barça draw and finally this. And the week is not yet over!

Ursegor

World Champion
What a week! First Pep to Bayern, then Barça draw and finally this. And the week is not yet over!

Messi_Madrid.jpg

M

mitkoa7x

Fifa takes the Ballon d'or off Messi and kicks Barca out of European turnaments for 10 years, also removes 50 of our Liga points.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

Sell him this year to make money and buy a new keeper. Ter Stegen would be a good one but there are many great keepers around.

Curious to see who will buy him.

Last edited:

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Stekelenburg is a goalie that does have the characteristics of a Barca goalie. Very good technical ability and certainly not afraid of playing the sweeper keeper role.

Pepe Silvia

i read this morning online that he was in contract renewal talks through 2018 and they were working that out as of today. i do think he needs a challenge in league, and i seriously consider pinto to be a worthy copa goal keeper, but we need to test victor's limits and in no way is that happening now. he is too comfortable and easily loses focus. he is the man and i love him when he's on, but he has to have that killer instinct back, and that can only come with competition.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm generally shocked, because I don't understand the reason for this. I'm sure it's not about money. Maybe some kind of a personal desire to play in a different league, to try something new. Some people are just like this.

Anyway, for me he's the #1 goalie in Barcelona's history. Until someone proves the opposite.

Agreed, desoe...He's 31 years old and a career Barcelona player - his position as the team's #1 was secure...So while I can appreciate his desire to experience playing abroad, I do worry that this potentially can cause a domino effect...I mean, who might be next?...I don't expect an exodus but once one longterm player leaves when he is still arguably in his prime, no telling who else might follow

Contract ending in 2014 means the club might look to move him sooner so as to at least get something from the player or will they let him play out his contract?

Worrying, tbh

Agreed guys.
While not among the best out there, Valdes was one of the best goalkeepers for Barca, and I remember back to Zubizarreta days.

As for being grateful.. Well that's what the money is for. And aside from few odd matches, the fans were very much grateful. And so were the previous and this board and all the coaches.

I thought being a Catalan means you stay loyal to Barca to the end but obviously "desire for a new challenge" is stronger for some.
GL to him until the end of season and in his future but for me, Valdes just sank a level.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

Who would replace him in such a short notice? We need someone who can play with his feet as well, this is barca. Who the hell are we gonna get?

Many great keepers play good with the feet. It´s barça. Everybody wants to play here. Sell him to raise money.

Yugi

Agreed guys.
While not among the best out there, Valdes was one of the best goalkeepers for Barca, and I remember back to Zubizarreta days.

As for being grateful.. Well that's what the money is for. And aside from few odd matches, the fans were very much grateful. And so were the previous and this board and all the coaches.

I thought being a Catalan means you stay loyal to Barca to the end but obviously "desire for a new challenge" is stronger for some.
GL to him until the end of season and in his future but for me, Valdes just sank a level.

+1, agree on everything
at least he had a decency to announce he will leave now....if he announced it in summer we would be in serious trouble

Home of Barca Fans