1 - Victor Valdes

Also, the game isn't a succession of photographs.
I'd like to clarify my feelings about Valdes. I am not even considering whether or not the ref was a disgrace or whatnot, I judge from the club's POV, and that was a stupid decision. People should watch the Puyol video posted here to know the difference between a 'hero' and some angry dude

89Norcal

While I do think that it was a penalty, I don't think it's as clear as you're implying. The main reason being that the contact was very slight and Adriano made the most of it. He got tripped but then exaggerated by jumping belatedly. Watch the replay again. As a ref, it's very difficult at that point to make the right decision, because if the player is faking even a little bit, it creates a doubt in the ref's mind.

But it was one of those fouls where the intention was quite clear, Ramos was trying to stop his open run towards goal. In other words it's a no-no, like having your arm raised out on a hand-ball when the player is crossing/passing.

Sometimes play-acting can swing the decision unfavorably, but I don' think there were excessive theatrics.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
With Valdes and Oier suspended, B goalkeepers Masip (still injured) and Banuz are the candidates to be on the bench next weekend. [sport]

Hope Banuz gets a game while VV is suspended. I've seen one match of him and I'm already excited that he could possibly be a future GK option rather than a transfer.

yahudi

If Masip is still injured, we might see Banuz on the Camp Nou bench. Then Ondoa could even get a start vs. Cordoba

XaviMessiGirl

For the last time people, stop posting links to garbage.com & other similar sites trying to pass it off as fact. There's a reason the URL is blocked.

Home of Barca Fans