1 - Victor Valdes

loozy

The defensive behaviour of the midfield is another issue altogether, imo. But still, they need a goalie with experience, and Szczesny is lacking that, he does not command as well as Valdes or Reina, he is not as vocal. I was pleasantly surprised by Fabianski, he really shaped up and directed more than I have ever seen him :)

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
We don't win because we sell a vital starting 11 player every season, and are stuck in perpetual transition. Having some magical winning mentality doesn't mean anything. Money, a large squad, and fewer injuries does.

Sorry i wasn't having a pop, but i think Valdes is a good keeper & those qualities i listed above are pretty important IMO

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
He isn't an improvement on Fabianski or Vito, and Szczesny is much younger and has the potential to be a world class keeper. We'd just push Szczesny to another club if we sign Valdes, and a couple of years down the line when he's bossing it, it will look like the biggest mistake of the decade.

I don't want to be disrespectful as you're one of the best posters here, but this is a load of rubbish. You're saying that he's about as good as someone who has only played about 10 or 20 games? Not better than someone who was second choice to Almunia? Not better than Szc who has performed so poorly that Wenger felt he had to play Almunia's second choice ahead of him?

Robbie

He has been in another country and another league his entire life, and probably doesn't speak a word of English (which is vital for communication with defenders, right?). It would take him at least a year to get used to the pace of the premier league (a lot less build-up, a lot less tactics, and a lot more lumping the ball forward/relying on deadball situations). Plus he has to get on the same wavelength as the back 4, which will also take a while.

That's what I meant in that he won't be an improvement over Fabianski and Vito. Both of them have been with Arsenal for almost their entire careers and know the club inside out. We honestly don't need another year of transition, and where every point counts, if we really have to get a new keeper I hope it's someone from the premier league like Al Habsi or Vorm.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
He has been in another country and another league his entire life, and probably doesn't speak a word of English (which is vital for communication with defenders, right?). It would take him at least a year to get used to the pace of the premier league (a lot less build-up, a lot less tactics, and a lot more lumping the ball forward/relying on deadball situations). Plus he has to get on the same wavelength as the back 4, which will also take a while.

That's what I meant in that he won't be an improvement over Fabianski and Vito. Both of them have been with Arsenal for almost their entire careers and know the club inside out. We honestly don't need another year of transition, and where every point counts, if we really have to get a new keeper I hope it's someone from the premier league like Al Habsi or Vorm.

I can agree with that, but I think he'd be able to get it pretty quickly, especially since half the squad is Spanish.

And he already knows the one phrase he'll need the most:
:D

misterplatin

I can't forget Valdes' saves in 2006 CL final .I always felt Victor is under-rated by the fans .He produces top performances in big games and defining saves many times.

loozy

Looks like he's photobombing...

tumblr_mkl6bsDUKQ1r2biz6o1_1280.jpg

:rofl1: :party1: :rofl1:

Home of Barca Fans