1 - Victor Valdes

Pedram123

There wasn't much bothering him but when there was, he was in action. The goal however..... His positioning was awful, if your not going to run to get it, then you atleast got to get yourself in a better position then that... He was almost isolated as he was in the far left corner....
Still, overall he did good.

gingerless

There wasn't much bothering him but when there was, he was in action. The goal however..... His positioning was awful, if your not going to run to get it, then you atleast got to get yourself in a better position then that... He was almost isolated as he was in the far left corner....
Still, overall he did good.

no way he could have beat the striker to the ball, it was just that he set the ball up perfectly, maybe valdes could have narrowed the angle a little bit more but you can't say he could do much more than that, it was a good goal

Pedram123

no way he could have beat the striker to the ball, it was just that he set the ball up perfectly, maybe valdes could have narrowed the angle a little bit more but you can't say he could do much more than that, it was a good goal

I have a problem where you say a little bit more.
It was a good goal nontheless i agree with you with that, however in these situations it's where top goalkeepers come in handy (and Valdes is one of them) He should have narrowed down that angle much better then isolating himself in the far left corner.
The middle would have been a nice spot. It all started however when he didn't run up to get the ball from Oswaldo who made a crucial mistake in letting the ball go too far... Victor should have taken advantage of that. It all happens in a second though, and he did have an overall good performance. Don't get me wrong he's a class keeper, but does make mistakes like this once in a while, never seen him do it in a very crucial game -- expect for the first leg against Arsenal (Walcott's Goal.)

gingerless

i looked at the replays on youtube and i have to agree now... he could have done a lot better closing down the angle, my bad

but i still maintain that he couldn't have gotten the ball off osvaldo because that first touch of his wasn't a mistake at all, it was a good tap to set him up perfectly, but if you're saying that he should've been standing more further up then yeah, he might've been able to get the ball off him, who knows. then again osvaldo could have done something very different in that situation...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If Valdes wins another Zamora it will be his 4th. That would put him just one trophy behind all time best Antoni Ramallets who also played for Barca.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
There's every chance for him to set the record of maximum Zamoras that too leading by quite some distance by the end of his career... Keep up the good work man :)

Pepe Silvia

If Valdes wins another Zamora it will be his 4th. That would put him just one trophy behind all time best Antoni Ramallets who also played for Barca.
He's looking to reach that target. At this point in the season, percentages are as follows:

Valdes/Barcelona: 0.56
Casillas/Real Madrid: 0.75
Aranzubia/Deportivo de La Coruna: 0.8
Diego Lopez/Villarreal: 0.88
Cesar/Valencia: 1.00

desoe

The doubts about him ended years ago. When his career comes to an end, I think we'll have no problems with considering him as FCB's greatest goalkeeper ever. I didn't have a chance to watch Zubi playing, but from what I'm hearing from other (older) cules, he has been hardly as much consistent as Victor (this Victor, not the one 6 years ago)

Home of Barca Fans