1 - Victor Valdes

footyfan

Calma, calma
I was so pissed when I first saw the second goal go in (I think its because Valdes has a very punchable face :p) but he did the best he could. Otherwise, he had the obligatory beasting game in Paris.

El Mesías

People have absolutely no shame with this Valdes hating. I don't know if you watch the matches or not or if you just want to rant and find somebody to pick on. Valdes was immense, made some crucial saves, just like a week ago with Spain vs France. He is a world class goalkeeper, I don't know if you guys are blind or what, but the last goal was deflection by Bartra, there's nothing he can do. Look at the Alaba goal, same thing, but do I hear somebody blame Buffon for that? Where are all the hate?

Seriously I'm so embarrassed, people have absolutely no shame and respect these days. They care more about ranting about players than actually support their team. That's just so sad

XaviMessiGirl

tbh I think a lot of the "hating", at least in this particular case, was just out of shock or frustration that we lost it at the very end, notice how most of the bashing posts are immediately after the game & most of the later ones are calmer & attribute the goal to Bartra's deflection or bad luck. I will admit when I first saw it, I was like "wtf, Valdes :facepalm:" but after seeing a replay I realized it wasn't much his fault, if at all.

Like I said earlier he did have several good saves & a few people seemed to overlook that (perhaps a mixture of frustration & the tendency of some to notice the negatives more than the positives).

El Mesías

Sorry I had to rant. But seeing all those condescending joke and memes aim at Valdes for a goal that clearly wasn't his fault just triggered it.

loozy

Sorry I had to rant. But seeing all those condescending joke and memes aim at Valdes for a goal that clearly wasn't his fault just triggered it.

I feel the same. I didn't on tumblr yesterday after the match after a friend warned me off that there would be people talking Valdes down which is not what he deserves after the performance yesterday. I think when it comes to VV, objectivity goes out the window.

Caramel

OMG at my friends ( they're all guys...I'm bullied ) and the people online, like wtf do you even want Valdes to do?
I just can't with these people.

Y

Youngie

Valdes: "I want to try new cultures, new football, new challenges. I like the Premier League, of course." [fourfourtwo]

Valdes: "I love it at Barcelona, I will always come back, but I have this wonderful job which allows me to travel. And I want to travel."

Seems like he's definitely off. Shame because a great GK.

Home of Barca Fans