10 - Ansu Fati

Barcilliant

I think he will be out for another 6 months minimum.
I would be very surprised if he came back to full fitness and form. These sorts of injuries affect a player both mentally and physically. There always this nagging thought in your mind that you could injure yourself again.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think he'll be fine for the start of the next season. He's had a more serious injury before and come back from it. Tough kid mentally.

kattanib

Guys, learn to manage your own expectations. We have seen this year a Barca without Ansu, continue to expect this is how our club will always be .. and if Ansu comes back healthy and becomes an important first team player then its a great bonus, but we continue either way.

Wish him a healthy speedy recovery

El Flaco

Let's hope the complilcations of his injury doesn't make Fati leave us as a Bosman next year.

Our medicals really screwed him in the long-term.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Not much has come out recently on this in terms of reports from the media outlets, his post is really the only news so far.

Would make me believe he will most likely try and avoid a third surgery and see if he is better after the summer. In terms of comparing him to Umtiti, when you look at the major factors here, I'd say they sorta wash and its hard to gauge or project anything in terms of how this could impact his career longterm. Ansu is lighter and seems very fit and physically, he might be able to recover and fully heal without the removal.

What worries me longterm however is his playing style. His explosion and agility in tight spaces is a key part of how he dribbles and beats defenders. If you go back and watch some his goals, a lot of them are quick, driven low shots with little to no backswing. Just from my little experience playing, you put a lot of the tension and power in your quads and knee and you explode through the ball. It is going to be really hard for him to do that shot on his left foot if he doesn't have his meniscus and let's assume the best and say he does recover without a 3rd operation, trusting his body to do that again is the hardest and longest part when he is on his way to trying to train again. That said, if he ends up removing the meniscus, all of this is why it could be more complicated than it was for Umtiti. The positional demands of a CB vs. a LW/SS are very different so the long-term effects of this route might catch up with Ansu faster than they did with Umtiti and that is my big concern if he does need the knife.

Best thing to do really is pray it heals with good PT and treatments. It'll be a win even if we have to wait to see him play until 22 if he can recover naturally. Konrad, Collado and Trincao can all chip in to fill his role in the meantime.

Wishing for the best for this kid!

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Let's hope the complilcations of his injury doesn't make Fati leave us as a Bosman next year.

Our medicals really screwed him in the long-term.

Doubt it, even if our medical team aren't good (which I doubt) I doubt Mendes would not allow him to get 2nd opinion from others and have the best medical consultations an athlete can get.
Mednes is one of the top agent in the world, and Fati is probably his only young player with potential to be top 10 player.

Messigician

I was shitting myself when he got this injury for a reason.

Everyone thoguht he would be back in 2 months lol.

Knee injuries are the number 1 career killers simple as that.

Home of Barca Fans