10 - Ansu Fati

Messi983

Doesn't look scared to me at all.

People don't realize how hard is to get back after not playing for two years. It's a longterm process and we need to be patient (I know that's a lot to ask from Barca fans though :lol: ) Most important this season is to stay fit, play every game and continue to improve physically and get back his "football feelings" and confidence. Only then he can work towards improving his weaknesses and become more consistent. Even older players are inconsistent let alone 20 year old kids and moreso someone who in terms of his actual development is still only 18 as he has missed so much time at the age when most players are developing the most starting to constantly play on a higher level they've never played before.

vegitot

Doesn't look scared to me at all.

People don't realize how hard is to get back after not playing for two years. It's a longterm process and we need to be patient (I know that's a lot to ask from Barca fans though :lol: ) Most important this season is to stay fit, play every game and continue to improve physically and get back his "football feelings" and confidence. Only then he can work towards improving his weaknesses and become more consistent. Even older players are inconsistent let alone 20 year old kids and moreso someone who in terms of his actual development is still only 18 as he has missed so much time at the age when most players are developing the most starting to constantly play on a higher level they've never played before.

Fair but that doesn't mean he can demand no 10 and huge wage and have workrate of granny.

Pedri, Gavi play much better and contribute much more to club and i don't see anything like these from them.

Messi983

He didn't demand no. 10. The club asked him to wear it and he then asked club captains if he can take it. Also this shirt number argument is pretty irrelevant to me as in general I give zero importance to shirt numbers. There are only 25 first team numbers available and someone would eventually take no. 10.

Club was willing to give him wages he asked for so if there is anyone to be blamed for him being overpaid it's Laporta. Obviously every player will want to get as much as he can.

Personally don't see any problem with his workrate. It's more he's still physically limited than lazy imo. Has tracked back a few times to recover the ball yesterday which is not something players with poor workrate do.

Pedri and Gavi are expected to play better as they aren't just coming back after being sidelined for two years.

soul24rage

With his long term injury reducing his speed, it's harder for Ansu to try to fit in Xavi's current system as Ansu is now more of a Second Striker who needs to be closer to box rather than a winger.

Unless Xavi changes his system, I just don't see Ansu being a starter under Xavi. Ansu would have been great under Koeman's system.

Also, [MENTION=28187]Fati_Future_BallonDor[/MENTION] cursed Fati with his user name lmao.

vegitot

He didn't demand no. 10. The club asked him to wear it and he then asked club captains if he can take it. Also this shirt number argument is pretty irrelevant to me as in general I give zero importance to shirt numbers. There are only 25 first team numbers available and someone would eventually take no. 10.

Club was willing to give him wages he asked for so if there is anyone to be blamed for him being overpaid it's Laporta. Obviously every player will want to get as much as he can.

Personally don't see any problem with his workrate. It's more he's still physically limited than lazy imo. Has tracked back a few times to recover the ball yesterday which is not something players with poor workrate do.

Pedri and Gavi are expected to play better as they aren't just coming back after being sidelined for two years.

You can't ask fans not complain when a player who wears no 10 and have huge wage play like shit most of the time. Problem is why give him fat contract when his fitness is still a big question mark??? All talk about this season is about him taking back his confidence. So that's ok for him to play badly????

Pedri, Gavi play much better and contribute more yet they earn less and get thrashed when they don't play well.

vegitot

With his long term injury reducing his speed, it's harder for Ansu to try to fit in Xavi's current system as Ansu is now more of a Second Striker who needs to be closer to box rather than a winger.

Unless Xavi changes his system, I just don't see Ansu being a starter under Xavi. Ansu would have been great under Koeman's system.

Also, [MENTION=28187]Fati_Future_BallonDor[/MENTION] cursed Fati with his user name lmao.

Does Xavi tell him not control the ball???

delancey

I believe Xavi is the problem. He is not able or capable of getting the best out of our squad.

Why not hire a damn capable assistant manager for starters instead of his brother? I mean, common. 😂

Ferran, Raphinha, Fati, so many attackers are underperforming, for the tactics don?t suit their game.

Raketa10

I believe Xavi is the problem. He is not able or capable of getting the best out of our squad.

Why not hire a damn capable assistant manager for starters instead of his brother? I mean, common. ��

Ferran, Raphinha, Fati, so many attackers are underperforming, for the tactics don?t suit their game.

None of our wingers except Demebele is performing right now so it probably has to do something with Xavi's tactics.

MTL_Barca

I agree that he is probably scared of another injury. However, if he can't overcame that fear he won't be able to play on the top level. That combined with the lack of speed makes him an easy pray for the defenders both on the wing and in the middle of the attack. He needs to sort that out ASAP. This is Barca a top level club that doesn't wait for anyone.

I only had that impression when he first came back tbh, don't think his issues are in his head anyway. Seems more like he's physically still not where he'd need to be. On top of that not good enough with the ball too, we'll have to see if he can get rhythm back and improve his play with time or if the injuries did just fuck him over at a crucial time in his development. Even though he's only 20 being pretty much out of football for around 2 years is rough.

Why not hire a damn capable assistant manager for starters instead of his brother? I mean, common. 😂

That too. Not even hard to see why, only Dembele is a player that can play isolated alone on his wing.

If Xavi wants to keep it like that we need different attackers.

To be fair no one from our current squad deserves No.10.

Yeah, also we're already used to bums wearing the numbers of Xavi or Iniesta, so not like it's anything new :lol:

I rather see Ansu wearing it instead of Ferran, Depay etc. Only others would've potentially been Pedri or Gavi, but then same complaints about hyping up teens.

La liga rules makes retiring numbers or waiting hard too.

Last edited:

vegitot

I'm no fan of Xavi coaching but saying Fati plays badly cause of Xavi is stupid. Fati is terrible in World Cup and i'm sure Xavi didn't coach Spain. Did Xavi forbid him to dribble, force him to miscontrol the ball???

Home of Barca Fans