10 - Ansu Fati

feggydinho

He isn't a 9 so I can't fully blame him for underperforming in that position but the board needs to get a quality backup for Lewa that also plays, cause Lewa is the only 9 we have now

fergus90

He's bad every time he plays as a striker or when he starts a game. Seems to have more confidence when he's introduced from the bench.

JamDav1982

He cant hold up ball or play with his back to defence.

If play him at CF then need players up and around him for him to react off of..not him 40 yds from wide players trying to get ball in or trying to hold up ball.

Awful set up and wasnt changed at all in the game.

JohnN

Well, this is not his best position, that is not his best position and so on and so forth.
We currently don't have another pure 9 and fat got a nice chance to prove he can bring something positive. Don't light up the world with dribbling or skills. No need. Just stop having heavy touches with every control, stop misplacing 1 touch passes, run with the ball instead of backheeling it on the counter. Don't send your shots to the stands.
Pretty simple staff for a forward in any position.

Raketa10

Next Saturday he will get another chance vs Girona and I sincerely hope he will do better than yesterday because he was horrendous. If he does't improve soon this will probably be his last season here. In addition to that he is horrible both on the wing and as No.9. In order to play as a no. 9 he needs to be physical stronger and learn how to move differently because even average defenders are destroying him right now. Furthermore, he is currently too slow for a winger and in 1 on 1 situations he can't dribble past anyone. He lost his speed and his confidence and I am not sure if he can get those things back by playing like this. Maybe a loan would help but it could also ruin him completely. One of the dumbest thing we did was giving him a No.10 jersey with all the burden that comes with it.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

Hype would've been the same anyway, imo the number thing is overrated. It's down to the injuries, doesn't matter if he was possibly overrated before and what number he got, he isn't the same player as he was before the injuries. Not like he just suddenly crumbled under pressure, if anything he looked scared to get injured again. Wouldn't be the first player who got fucked over by injuries, and surely won't be the last one. Sucks, but can happen. Let's hope he can still recover.

On top of that i don't think he was looking like a CF even before the injuries. It's said about so many wingers/2nd strikers but most of the times the transition doesn't work, especially at that age.

Last edited:

Raketa10

Hype would've been the same anyway, imo the number thing is overrated. It's down to the injuries, doesn't matter if he was possibly overrated before and what number he got, he isn't the same player as he was before the injuries. Not like he just suddenly crumbled under pressure, if anything he looked scared to get injured again. Wouldn't be the first player who got fucked over by injuries, and surely won't be the last one. Sucks, but can happen. Let's hope he can still recover.

On top of that i don't think he was looking like a CF even before the injuries. It's said about so many wingers/2nd strikers but most of the times the transition doesn't work, especially at that age.

I agree that he is probably scared of another injury. However, if he can't overcame that fear he won't be able to play on the top level. That combined with the lack of speed makes him an easy pray for the defenders both on the wing and in the middle of the attack. He needs to sort that out ASAP. This is Barca a top level club that doesn't wait for anyone.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans