10 - Ansu Fati

Loki

Fuck me, isn't he on 12-13 gross? This club :lol:
He was the shining new toy after Messi, got the 10. The hope was he'll be the new franchise player, especially after the dark Messi summer. What do you expect Barca should have offered him if €6m net is too much? 3m? Then he would have left immediately and the same people would have insulted the club for letting our LaMasia prospects leave for free. It's always easy to point fingers afterwards.
The salary isn't a problem for barca anymore, we're in the area of €400-450m in salary (reduced from 750m under Bartomeu, that's nearly half!), which is totally fine for a big club, even modest today I'd say and when the last Barto contracts run out with Frenkie and Lenglet, it'll get even better. The problem is we're missing €100m+ because if the stadium right now and our debts from Bartomeu.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
He was the shining new toy after Messi, got the 10. The hope was he'll be the new franchise player, especially after the dark Messi summer. What do you expect Barca should have offered him if €6m net is too much? 3m? Then he would have left immediately and the same people would have insulted the club for letting our LaMasia prospects leave for free. It's always easy to point fingers afterwards.
The salary isn't a problem for barca anymore, we're in the area of €400-450m in salary (reduced from 750m under Bartomeu, that's nearly half!), which is totally fine for a big club, even modest today I'd say and when the last Barto contracts run out with Frenkie and Lenglet, it'll get even better. The problem is we're missing €100m+ because if the stadium right now and our debts from Bartomeu.
I know, I just thought out loud - but it's just sad he's on such a high wage and injured all the time so he can't even play or be loaned out and ffp is really hampering us. But it is what is, next season we'll be 1 step closer - just hope we at least learn something from this mess, but football is not always 100% - players get injured, players lose form, players are a misfit etc. But we can't do fuck ups like Roque anymore, my 8 year old daughter would scout him better and say he's shit.

jamrock

Context it's a beautiful thing.

If you look at the original video advertising the new stadium you understand why when Mendes came and said give me X million euros, they happily gave it to him.

If he left the club, the entire fanbase bar a few and a literally mean like 10 people out of the 100m fans Barca have, would have gone ballistic.

Injuries make the sum look worse than it is, the club isn't overly worried about it, which is why when they tried to loan him out, they did it softly, when compared to try getting others out.

That being said he's lucky AF, he's set for life off this contract, if he never kicks a ball again.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

He had barely played in a year and had not proven fitness.

Moronic to give him that contract under those circumstances. He signed contract in October 21 and had started something like 3 or 4 games since the previous October.. then promptly started missung games again not even a week after contract signed.

Contract he is on is one would expect likes of Yamal to be on at 18 when one of best players in world in his position.. not Fati who had been out for a year and was not Yamal level.

Being scared of other teams taking him is no reason to shell out that contract in that circumstances and taking the risk. Let him prove fitness for longer and reality is he most likely still takes that inflated contract at a later date.

The club currently would sell him in instant.. the reason they loan him as didnt want him in squad last season and no one is buying him.

They budgeted for the stadium.. albeit they have managed to attract less fans than expected.

The biggest money loss has been the European failures costing the club probably north of 150m and then also the huge contracts to players that will get nothing from at end as in mid 30s.

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

Moronic to give him that contract under those circumstances.

The club would sell him in instant.. the reason they loan him as didnt want him in squad last season and no one is buying him.
I agree a little more with you than with Loki on this one. He was Masia, he was injured a lot - nobody would really be in for him and he would probably wait for our offer before listening to somebody else because he seemed "loyal" (but you never know). BUT, if he left and become the second coming of Messi in Arsenal or Liverpool or whatever this forum would indeed explode.

Loki

Moronic to give him that contract under those circumstances.
No, it was not. It was his first big injury. Nothing indicated that he was injury prone. And again, it was right after the dark Messi summer. Barca decided to try and make Fati the new franchise player with giving him Messi's number.
In hindsight, it was too early of course but the club was in a bad situation and needed some good news fast. The absolute majority of fans was looking forward to Fati being the new star in Barcelona in summer 2021.

Or you can surely show me posts from summer 21, when you and other fans critized the board for giving Fati 6m net. Then I'll congratulate you for your wisdom. Until then, it's just finger pointing after the fact, in other words worthless.

Porque

I agree a little more with you than with Loki on this one. He was Masia, he was injured a lot - nobody would really be in for him and he would probably wait for our offer before listening to somebody else because he seemed "loyal" (but you never know). BUT, if he left and become the second coming of Messi in Arsenal or Liverpool or whatever this forum would indeed explode.

If he left we could have got Xavi all the signings me wanted and won the Champions League. Morata, Foyth, Zubimendi and Lo Celso.

Yeah, I'm good with that renewal.

JamDav1982

No, it was not. It was his first big injury. Nothing indicated that he was injury prone. And again, it was right after the dark Messi summer. Barca decided to try and make Fati the new franchise player with giving him Messi's number.
In hindsight, it was too early of course but the club was in a bad situation and needed some good news fast. The absolute majority of fans was looking forward to Fati being the new star in Barcelona in summer 2021.

Or you can surely show me posts from summer 21, when you and other fans critized the board for giving Fati 6m net. Then I'll congratulate you for your wisdom. Until then, it's just finger pointing after the fact, in other words worthless.

He had barely played in a year...and never proven his fitness after an injury he had taken a long time to come back from and had set backs.

Irrelevant that it is after the 'Messi summer' or not. It was a nonsense time to give him that contract. It was a contract at 18 world class players get who have been performing up to that point. Not one who had a bad knee injury and had been slow to come back from.

Being scared of worst possible outcome is not a reason to give him that contract at that point.

Gavi could have left within a year so could Araujo and other youngsters.. they were all in better position to negotiate than Fati and got contracts half the size.. the club is not purely at the mercy of the players or being scared he leaves and develops.

Last edited:

jamrock

Almost every coach as tried him as a 9, because he's a good goal scorer.

I used to think that's where he'd end up, but now I'm not so sure.

Home of Barca Fans