10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

barcelonista

WTF did my eyes just see? Did Messi do STEPOVERS @ 0:47?!

osr82tug.jpg

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Thanks for that Yugi, it's always nice to be reminded of that special performance, perhaps my most memorable Classico to date, even ahead of the 6-2 and 5-0 wins. Also nice to remember that team, Eto'o's unmatched enthusiasm for scoring against Madrid and everyone elses obvious love for what Messi was.

SeloBarca

He was so slim and energetic then. He has improved his passing game alot, but he has gained some weight this season, muscles or just overweight i dont know, but it has definatly made him quite a bit slower. He could run with the ball and sprint away from other players before, havent done that this season, and he doesnt win as many 1v1 straight on.
Even his goal against Leverkusen it looked like he really had to struggle to get up to speed, and you can see his stomach through the shirt, like a little meatball :p
Hes still the best player in the world, which kinda says something about how good he is.

I think its just that, he gotta loose some weight, Ronaldinho did the same one season and beefed up and got slower, then he lost some weight and became awesomeness again.

Only 1 year ago

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

and people say that the Messi of this season isn't slower?

those people just need to watch the above video against Madrid 2006/2007. The difference is there for all to see. I miss that explosiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans